cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yrkki
Newcomer

5700 xt crashing with photoshop

I've had this new pc with Asus Radeon 5700 XT from August 2019 and it's had its (probably) driver related issues along the way but nothing too serious and I coped with it. I knew there might be some problems 'at the beginning' but today I reached my limit. It's been about 9 months with this graphics card that has not been at its 100% at any point.

I just took up a course in photoshop but I am unable to do anything with all this crashing. I found some advice to untick 'use graphics processor' option from camera raw preferences but that did not help. BSOD with VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR is most common, there was a crash with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE aswell on 21st of March.

Now I know it might not all be on the graphics card and I don't want to come off as rude but whatever the problem is I'd like to get it sorted. I am asking for help and hopefully provide a solution with this thread for anyone else that might have similar problem(s).

Windows 10 Pro 1903 up to date    14/05/2020

Radeon Adrenalin                             20.4.2

Photoshop CC 20.0.6

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
mickeekung
Challenger

Please try this

Access violation errors (Exception code: 0xc0000005) can happen because of different reasons. Corrupted files being one of them. I was getting this error daily. After doing a fresh install of the drivers (DDU and factory reset), I'm currently testing whether or not giving RadeonSoftware.exe admin access will resolve it if it is indeed running into access issues.

I'm on day 3 with no black screen yet. At this point I'd do anything to resolve it. I also gave full access in the security tab and disabled windows "full screen optimizations". I have no idea whether this will work or not but it can't hurt. I'll do what I can until AMD finally fixes this issue.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes