cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ben-rogue
Adept I

5700 XT Causing System Lock-Up

If I boot up a game sometimes I'll get a frozen image or a black screen with my PC needing a hard reset, other times i'll just be watching video in VLC and it'll lock up my computer (this happens a lot, but I've just recently disabled hardware decoding to see if this helps). This happens on a DAILY BASIS! I had it happen 3 times in one day!

Reliability Monitor simply says it's a Hardware Error, more specifically a LiveKernelEvent. Hard this issue with an earlier driver, rolled back with DDU to a more stable version, then took the risk of updating drivers again and the issue is even worse now. I DDU every time I update drivers. All fancy settings disabled in Radeon software but with a slight under-clock. I've tried everything I've been recommended. I've disabled hardware acceleration in everything I use that doesn't need it. I've done every system check I can think of, I've reinstalled drivers left and right, reinstalled windows completely and I even went so far as to disassembling most of my PC and carefully reassembling everything.

Win 10, latest build

Ryzen 2700X at stock frequencies/ voltages

Sapphire Pulse 5700XT underclocked by 8% (for noise/heat (only drops my FPS by +/-1% but temps by 10c, well worth it))

16GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL16

Asus Crosshair VII Hero WiFi (BIOS 2901)

850W Segotep PSU

Display is 4K 120Hz, Freesync 2, no HDR enabled, 8Bit, over DisplayPort.

Just to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. I've attached a screen-shot of Hardware Errors from just one day last month

0 Likes
0 Replies