cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theagg
Adept I

5700 XT and CAC-1085 update

Given a previous post on the difficuly getting the 5700 XT to work with this Club3d adapter, plus numerous other posts on forums elsewhere addressing the issue, I've just noticed this which may settle it....sort of. The specificcations listed for the CAC-1085 used to read as follows

.cac1.jpg

And the box the adapter comes in still lists those GPU's, including the 5700 XT, on the side. However, when you look at the specifications on the website as of now, the specifications have changed, quite noticeably, now reading..

cac2.jpg

AMD GPU's are no longer listed (despite, as I said, the product box still listing them on the side). Does this mean then that this confirms all those prior generation GPUs do not support DSC 1.2 (I can;t find other data to confirm this one way or another), which is why the 5700 XT does not work and limits to 5.4Gbps x 4 ? If so, based on this then, it seems that people should not buy this, in the hope they can get their 5000 series GPUs up to a form of HDMI 2.1 function, given that the dream of of buying a 6000 series in order to get 'proper' HDMI 2.1 remains as remote and stupidly expensive as it has done for nigh on a year.

Given that Club3d themselves have removed AMD GPUs from the supported specs listing, guess I will be returning my CAC-1085, since it's obviously not going to work and just get back to waiting on finally getting full HDMI 2.1 (though probably not any time soon by the look of it).

1 Reply
theagg
Adept I

Slight edit to this. I made a slight mistake over where I saw the AMD cards listed as compatible on the actual product box. Not on the box I'm currently holding, no AMD GPUs listed on the side there. It was actually in this video, which I had watched prior to purchasing the adapter. Note, AMD GPUs are listed on that. So between that production run and the one I'm now holding, Club3D found out AMD GPUs didn't want to play, so altered their packaging and website info accordingly and removed all those AMD ones

Of course, the site I bought it from, makes no mention of what GPUs (either NVidia or AMD) are compatible, so I'm covered there on returning it for sure.

All this does seem to point to the problem lying on AMD's side, either directly or via board partners implementation...although one final point I would add, is that most times Windows is restarted with the CAC-1085 plugged in, or the adapater is 'reset', Windows 10 throws up this system message, "Display connection might be limited" and when looking that up on Microsoft support, it's listed under USB-C related issues ? So, hmm !

0 Likes