Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

leeb
Journeyman III

5700 XT (19.9.2) Multi Screen Windows Login Crash

Hey Everyone,

I've read a huge amount on this issue and i am yet to find a solution.

When having more than 1 screen enabled of which i have 3 upon restarting the Windows Login Screen crashes and the system becomes completely unusable.

The only work around i've found up to now is to remove the 2 other screen physically from the back of the machine and restart with 1 screen enabled then attach the other two.

This issue occurs in both Eyefinity and without Eyefinity, I recently changed from my Nvidia cards over to ATI due to the latest hardware that AMD have released of which i'm amazed by the performance however these bugs and issue do need to be resolved ASAP.

Simply enabling more than 1 screen causes windows to crash upon startup is crazy IMO.

Can someone from AMD or anyone "in the know" advise on what causes this problem and a potential fix?

Best Regards,

Lee

8 Replies
animebro
Adept I

I have been having the same issue as well, I have three monitors. Have to unplug the two side monitors and wait for windows to load into desktop then plug them back in. Please submit an error report to AMD.

I've already submitted one but I'll do it again.

animebro
Adept I

Any updates AMD?

0 Likes
animebro
Adept I

So, AMD?...

0 Likes
micke1m
Adept I

I also have the same issue. No signal on all screens on login screen, if I unplug all but one it wakes up and I can log in, then after that i can plug the other screens in again and it works. Also the Windows install is new. Radeon 19.9.3.

MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium
Powercolor 5700 XT Red Devil
Ryzen 9 3900X

I wish AMD would respond to us.

Yeah, we seem to be too few with this issue. Probably won't get fixed anytime soon sadly.

0 Likes
micke1m
Adept I

Seems they have acknowledged the issue now at least. At least it sounds very similar.
In the 19.10.1 changelog.
"Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected."

0 Likes