cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

voidburn
Journeyman III

Re: 5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance

Jump to solution

GPU: XFX 5700 XT Thic III Ultra 8GB

Drivers: Adrenalin 20.4.1 Optional

Display: Benq EW3270ZL 2560x1440 @ 60hz DP connection without adapters

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Gene VIII  Bios Version 3504

CPU: i7 6700K @ stock frequencies

PSU: Corsair RX 750

RAM: 32GB @ 3000mhz

Game affected: Guild Wars 2

I am experiencing heavy stutter and random freezes of up to 5 seconds. I tried to pin frequencies to avoid the issue, removing V-sync to push more usage onto the GPU, and everything else described around + more. Whether it's running in exclusive full-screen mode or windowed (borderless and not), the issue is game breaking in non casual gameplay.

The only thing that "fixed" it for me was using a DX9 to DX12 wrapper. If it's induced by frequencies fluctuations it must be affecting the Directx 9/10/11 parts of the driver only, because frequencies can fluctuate as they please and deliver super smooth frame rates without stuttering or freezes DX 12.

0 Likes
parkan
Journeyman III

Re: 5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance

Jump to solution

I also have the same problem, my friend who has RX 580 gets equal or More FPS in CS:GO, Valorant, Warzone and League of Legends. I don't have any other benchmarks because I only have these games as of now.

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD RX5600 XT
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 2020 20.4.2
  • Display Devices
    • AOC 24G2U with DP
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • MSI Mortar Max - American Megatrends Inc. 2.60, 12/30/2019
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • VS Series™ VS550
  • RAM
    • Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB
0 Likes
tiderian
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I faced the same problem. Micro stuttering appears in the following games: ETS2, SnowRunner, SWToR

My setup:

Ryzen 3900

64 Gb RAM

Asus Prime X570 Pro

Asus 5700 XT

Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4 500 Gb M.2

2560x1440 60MHz

I coped with it by downgrading the drivers to 19.9.2; every time a new version comes I accept the updates, see the same troubles and get back to the version 19.9.2.
It would be good if this issue was solved, as it's not great to use a card with the drivers half a year old

0 Likes
vitaliim
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

How are your junction temps, guys? Mine reaches 110C every time card draws more then 200W of power. Also I see card drops power draw, hence clocks, each time junction goes over 110C. 

My card has a decent cooler though - MSI Gaming X version. Dunno if it could be an issue or not. 

0 Likes
seanmack
Adept I

Jump to solution

The fix to lock GPU down-clocking is quite simple. I posted a guide on here but it's been pushed out by other posts.

You just need your voltage to be the same for the 3 power states in Wattman. The frequency set for each power state needs to be within 50 Mhz of each other, but not lower than a value of 10 Mhz (and not the same frequency as this will cause a driver lock or crash and revert). This will lock your GPU clock. Your GPU will no-longer down-clock, regardless of utilisation.

Don't touch memory overclocking or the power tuning section - this will produce stutters and your memory frequency will fluctuate.. Edit your fan curve to ensure adequate cooling and you're good to go.

Here's an example of my settings.  Choose a frequency and voltage that works for you ( and one that's stable etc ) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h80hs035jylfbhz/New Bitmap Image.bmp?dl=0

Any questions let me know 

0 Likes
jp1999
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

when you refer to wattman are you talking about the tuning section on the adrenalin software?

0 Likes
blitz
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have the same card 5700 xt intel 9 9900k @5Ghz 16 gigs of 3200

0 Likes
seanmack
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes that's correct. Example you can see in the attached pic on my post.

0 Likes
febryanvaldo
Adept I

Jump to solution

seanmack‌: Somehow it cannot be lower than 50Mhz for each state, because if i do it, the GPU-Z won't show correct speed. 

Here is my setting: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49995048342_234fa17b88_o.png
Here is GPU-Z: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49994280698_0a550dbd7e_o.png

0 Likes
winner1923
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Sapphire nitro+ same behaviour downclocking under load from 2000Mhz to about 1200Mhz  . Memory clock stays the same 1750Mhz  but Voltage, GPU usage , GPU clock and Power going down. Any fix for this as i spent last couple of days troubleshooting instead of enjoying my new rig ?

0 Likes