cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

john007
Exemplar

Re: 5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance

Jump to solution

Comment edited to preserve sanity.

I've tried to get this issue resolved for months now, so if you just purchased the GPU, I would recommend you get refund asap.

kapusij
Adept I

Re: 5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance

Jump to solution

Hey All,

I'm experiencing the same. I realized an odd thing with APEX Legends.

On Firing Range I'm getting GPU usage above 90%, but on World's Edge it's usually between 50-70% which is causing major FPS loss.
Could you please check whether you are experiencing the same discrepancy between the two maps in terms of GPU usage %?

angellicious
Elite

Jump to solution

Any updates on why am I stuttering on 240hz monitor with freesync?

0 Likes
kuski
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have rx 5600 xt and have this problem in world of tanks. I noticed recently that Im getting lower fps so I opened gpu-z and saw that I get lower clock speeds. (1400-1600 mhz) I have all settings at stock too. I decided to try encore benchmark and indeed I'm getting lower score than before. I tried to max out my core clock and power limit in wattman and the clock speeds seems to be at 1750 mhz (reported by gpu-z) while I benchmarked encore, but the results didn't improve at all. This is really weird problem.

0 Likes
kuski
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

The clock speeds seems to act normally when I play modern  warfare though...

0 Likes
m0r1tz
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

same for me, but warzone crashes for me some seconds into the game. Mostly it crahes inside the plane sometimes few seconds later. Only problems with rx 5700xt

0 Likes
c2c
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks for this post guys. Similar experience to me on my Vega VII which I've now cracked; we had a thread going on TPU if anyone else has this problem as I believe it's solved for now but only disabling radeon adrenaline drivers so they still need to fix! (very disappointing): Radeon VII - 1650MHz GPU clock in full screen, full speed in windowed | TechPowerUp Forums 

baepe
Adept II

Jump to solution

I play black desert online with almost every setting combination possible and the same stuttering occurs. You can see the core speed drop to 800 Mhz under load and feel the corresponding stutter. I experienced no such problem with my nvidia card. I have a 2600 and a 5700xt on a b450 mb latest drivers

0 Likes
baepe
Adept II

Jump to solution

I play black desert online and experience stuttering and downclocking when I otherwise get great fps. I have a 2600 teamforce 3200mhz 23b ram and a 5700XT msi tomahawk b450 max motherboard. Please AMD get it together. Stop releasing useless features that nobody cares about and release stable software. I don't know who your product managers are but maybe have them do something else and hire a few from nvidia?

Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please update to Adrenalin 20.2.2 and let me know if you still experience this issue on the 5700 series. www.amd.com/drivers.

0 Likes