cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: 5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance

Jump to solution

Same problem here. I just got a 5700 XT Nitro+ and its gpu usage is between 30 and 70% on every game. Already tried a lot different drivers and fixes, nothing works. The steps suggested by gaav‌ improve the problem on ultra settings in some games, but still stutters. I prefer to play on higher fps and lower  settings so it's not a solution for me.  

Setup: 2600, G skill 3000mhz 16gb,  ASrock AB350 K4, Sapphire 5700 XT

This is really unacceptable, please provide a fix asap, I really don't want to return this card.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: 5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance

Jump to solution

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Gigabyte RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Win 10 1909 all updates installed
  • Driver version installed
    • Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Optional
    • (tried 21.1.3 and 21.2.1 being the 21.1.3 the most stable)
  • Display Devices
    • LG 24gl600f 144HZ
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Asus PRIME-B450M-A bios 2006
  • CPU/APU 
    • ryzen 5 3600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Gigabyte 650w
  • RAM
    • 16GB DDR4

Describe your issue:

• The card is downclocking itself in all games. that destroy the fps
    Im getting so many black screens and Black screens with pc hangs to hard resets....there times where this error make my PC obsolete. i cant even work!
    The blacks screens are :
    -after windows loading.
    -at the log in screen (hang +black screen +hard reset
    -playing games (pubg, warzone)

• What I tried:
    • All drivers available to 5600xt
      -disabling ulps
      -shuting down radeon software

Cant believe this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Nothing changed with driver version 20.3.1. Come on. Do you really want me to never buy AMD stuff again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Installed 20.3.1 drivers and the issue is still there. Come on amd, are you working on it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

try pushing fans to 100% to see if any difference

on my VII drivers downclock when i try to oc and when the fans are at default

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

pushing fans to 100% doesn't work. Also tried another 60hz HDMI monitor and gpu usage is still low.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Another driver, another disappointment.
I catched myself looking for Nvidia cards the last few weeks. It's really sad. But when I see the problem already exists back to the release of 5700XT, what else can I do. 

One more driver, than I'm done. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hey just realized i also had this problem with my MSI RX 5600 XT MECH OC. The problem is on all fixed 60fps games for example MK11, DOA6, NUNS4. I got a lot of fps drop in that game when playing 1440p~ resolution.

It also happened with GTA V though when playing at 1800p sometimes it will hit max core clock and i get 70~ fps but sometimes it go down at about 500~mhz and all i got is about 40fps. So my card is not broken after all, it's the driver. Glad i'm not RMAing it at this moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Here is my thread about it because i'm too lazy to type right now. Never realize the problem has correlation with the core clock.

https://community.amd.com/thread/251124 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

No difference.

0 Kudos