Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mmsk29
Adept I

5600XT boot up no input issue

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out why does my screen return "no input signal" message at every cold boot, and I will appreciate it if you could maybe give me some advice about this. Normally, when I cold boot my system, it would quickly show the post then go straight black with no signal. Then I would shut down the system and power up again, but the display would lose the input signal again at the Windows login screen. At the second reboot, everything would eventually resume normal like it's working perfectly fine. I could game for an extensive period of time with no crashing and 3D mark testing runs until complete without any issue whatsoever. This happens every day and it driving me crazy to not know what is the root cause of this issue.

Till this day I have tried a myriad of methods, toggling options here and there, uninstall and installing a bunch of stuff, and nothing is working so far. 

Reinstalled Windows 10.

Uninstall graphic card drivers with DDU

Clean installed the newest driver through AMD Adrenalin and without the Radeon software (Current Driver Ver. 20.4.2)

Updated Vbios to FA0 and F2, Vbios downloaded from Gigabyte official website

Installed the newest chipset driver and updated the motherboard bios to the newest version (Ver. 1405)

Disabled fast boot in bios.

Google chrome hardware acceleration is turned off.

Updated the monitor's driver.

Tried to set boot with base video, no luck though.

Reseated the GPU and both RAMs.

Resolution is set at 1920 x 1080 60hz 32 bits

Disabled CSM in bios.

Removed all external hardware connections from USB ports before the bootup.

I am thinking the HDMI might be the culprit, and of course, I am not sure at all. If you can offer me some information, thank you for that and your time, and may the computer god bless you forever.

Matt

25 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

I'm thinking it's this:

Resolution is set at 1980 x 1080 60hz 32 bits

Can you try setting it to 1920 x 1080 60hz and see if it works?

0 Likes

Sorry, that was a typo. The resolution is currently set at 1920x1980 60hz.

0 Likes

1920x1980? or 1920x1080?

0 Likes

My mistake again,  1920 x 1080 60hz 32bits is what my screen resolution currently set to. It is the recommended resolution by the Windows 10 display setting. Thank you.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Try setting the monitor OSD values to their default settings. 

I have tried that but the issue still persists. Today something crashed when I was trying to initiate steam while watching youtube. The display froze but everything was running in the background. I could hear the video running fine. Anyway, thank you for your advice.

0 Likes

Sometimes new driver installation changes the refresh rat from the correct 60mhz to 59mhz...I don't know why or how but it has helped others in the past to reset that to 60hz.

0 Likes

Thanks for the advice. The display is set to 60hz. The major issue is that the monitor fails to catch the input signal at each cold boot, and when I reboot the OS, the connection would get incrementally stabilised for some reasons. It takes two reboots for the OS to run effectively in most cases, and afterwards, there is no issue to game for a long period of time. Therefore, I am finding it hard to figure out whether this is a software issue or a hardware issue.

0 Likes

That is weird. Maybe Corona?

Try this...unplug your monitor from the video card while the computer is off. Then start it.....wait for a while for the computer to start up and has been looking for a display device. Plug the monitor into the AMD card now. It will discover it new. Reboot and see if it helped.

0 Likes
radeonuser1
Journeyman III

I have the same exact problem with a XFX 5600 XT RAW II. In my case, I give it may be 10 seconds after I think what's normal Windows bootup time and then hit some keys in the keyboard (enter usually) and the displays come back to life and show the login screen. I have 2 displays connected and both loose the signal at cold boot. I'm running Adrenalin 20.4.2 with latest BIOS from XFX.

0 Likes

And this issue seems to be random. After overclocking through Adrenalin software, I can no longer reliably reproduce this.

0 Likes

Thanks for the information. I have never done this before, would you able to point me a direction where to look for a guide for OC?

0 Likes

I have the same issue with my Gigabyte Rx5600xt. Seems it is a driver problem. But idk. I couldn't fix that yet. If you find any solution please share with us.

0 Likes

Have you tried the latest driver 20.5.1?

0 Likes

Hye mmsk29 I have probably solved this issue. I followed the guide of Andref24 in other topic :https://community.amd.com/thread/250562 

But the brand of my card is different.

0 Likes

Appreciate that! I thought you had the gigabyte gaming oc version~

0 Likes

Sorry, I just misunderstood. I have the gigabyte OC. I followed the instructions of Andref24 in that thread and since then no issues.

I flashed my BIOS to F60 and with morepowertool I did a OC. 

0 Likes

Another thing! I didnt install the adrenalin software! I did a manual install of the GPU graphic drivers!

0 Likes

Big thanks to you, I will try it out soon. Would you mind tell me how did you flash the vbios back to F60? cause now it got updated to F3 by me.

0 Likes

There is a software of AMD to easily flash your BIOS (AMDVBFLASH). Try that! Any problems or doubts feel free to ask. 

My PC is running without problems since I made the changes proposed by Andref24.

0 Likes

Sure~ But after I have flashed the vbios from F2 to F3, which was released a couple of days ago on Gigabyte website, the GDP works fine now. Thanks for your input tho.

0 Likes
chalitopower
Adept I

Got the same Gigabyte card, forget about windows drivers, make a linux USB bootable distro, it will only take a few more minutes of your time.. If you have the same error then is not your windows, in that case i will send the card to RMA. Im a Debian user. BTW, when it boot ok.. if you put  the system into sleep mode for a few hours does it wake up correctly? (a long time not just a few minutes)..  
FA0 is not compatible with REV1 card.

(xcuse my english)

0 Likes

Thanks for the input~ Yea I have flashed the vbios to F2 since FA0 crashes hard even with a normal workload. And you are right, if the system goes into sleep mode for a long period of time, over an hour at least, it reproduces the same issue just like what it encounters with each cold boot. That is just downright weird. Also, my current measure to this is when I cold boot the system, I go into bios for a minute, then get out, it will work fine with this, just have to do it every time. Any thought about that? Thanks man~

0 Likes

I'm going to try that tomorrow because this morning I had left it in suspension, not turned off. I had to restart it 3 times to boot. It is really annoying. I already opened a claim on the Gigabyte page, I would advise you to do the same to try the change. Honestly every time I look for this problem it is always related to Gigabyte, so I think there is something wrong with the board. I have no more configurations to test and I can not lose all the guarantee time waiting for it to be miraculously solved with some Bios also... when they already released a revision 2 with improvements ...
0 Likes

Relax dude! Don't panic! Follow what I said and your GPU will work just fine. Trust me

0 Likes