cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

crypticall
Journeyman III

5600XT black screens and game crashes

I got my Gigabyte 5600XT yesterday and so far I've had multiple events where my screen turned black.

My understanding was that the AMD drivers were better now. I've had my GTX 970 since Early January 2014 and never really had any problems with it and here I am today on day 2 of my GPU and I've had one instance of full computer shutdown and stuck in a boot-loop. As well as multiple events of both my screens turning black and then turning back on. The settings in the Radeon sometimes gets reset because of this. 

Just to add, I did update the vbios, but I had these issues both before and after.

Specs are: 

Ryzen 3600X

Gigabyte 5600XT OC

650W-gold Corsair PSU

16GB DDR4 3200 Memory

B450 Asus motherboard with the latest BIOS.

I've also tried to update the chipset drivers to the latest ones.

So far just an overall bad experience with team red on the graphic front.

My CPU have been great though.

3 Replies
yetismash
Adept I

Have you tried using the DDU stripper and installing the new drivers directly? This fixed most of my problems with my 5700xt.

0 Likes

Yes, I ran the program before I installed the new GPU. I ended up having to clean install Windows and disable hardware acceleration on different kinds of software I use. I still do get black screens, but fewer of them all together.

0 Likes
darkio
Adept I

My Reddevil 5600xt seems to be alot more stable in the Silent bios mode than in OC mode.. for whatever reason, i can even overclock the silent bios without any issues so far. If i go into the OC bios random black/green screens appear in games, streaming or just windows sometimes.. 
My silent bios is stock and not updated, my OC bios is updated.

0 Likes