cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

D34DC3N73R
Adept I

5600G black screen with Radeon drivers

I have an Asrock B450M-HDV R4 with 4.80 bios (latest). I just upgraded the CPU from a 2200GE to the 5600G and I can not get to Windows without a black screen. If I enable safe mode and delete the graphics driver I can load windows just fine with the basic Microsoft display driver. I've tried the autodetect tool to download and install drivers (as well as remove old versions of Radeon), which also led to a black screen. I've tried the latest non-WHQL driver Adrenalin 21.7.2, but experience the same issue as the WHQL driver (Adrenalin 21.6.1). Any ideas?

1 Solution
D34DC3N73R
Adept I

I gave up trying to fix it. It works great with a fresh windows install.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
D34DC3N73R
Adept I

I've now tried DDU, rebooting, installing drivers in safe mode, as well as regular startup. Still have the same issue. I have a spare ssd so I think I'm going to try it with a fresh windows install to see if the issue is still there.

0 Likes
D34DC3N73R
Adept I

I gave up trying to fix it. It works great with a fresh windows install.

0 Likes

Build PC with following specs on Christmas Day for my son,

Ryzen 5 5600G, Crucial Ballistix 16GB(2x8), MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi. 

Installed Windows 10 followed by board drivers downloaded from MSI(Chipset, VGA etc) and upgraded to Windows 11.

All has been working fine until today(30 Dec).  My son called me to say there was a message on screen relating to video drivers.

Checked Device Manager which showed device not working, simple fix, uninstall device and let it reinstall itself, until I hit refresh and display goes blank and monitor goes to sleep cause of no signal.  Going into safe mode and removing video driver to Microsoft basic driver and PC boots to desktop but try and install AMD driver and monitor goes to sleep due to no signal.

I've tried various versions of AMD Adrenaline driver(including WHQL and-WHQL) from both AMD and MSI's websites.  And I've done fresh installs of Windows 11 and Windows 10.

If anyone has some suggestions it would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Have you tried updating bios for the MB yet?

0 Likes