cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rvm_10
Adept I

5600 xt randomly crash

Hy! I bought a new Sapphire 5600Xt, my old VGA was a sapphire r9 390. Before I install a new, a uninstall the old driver whit DDU an AMD clean utility. The card crash my computer around every 5-15 minutes, and i use only the hard reset. I have a same problem whit all adrenaline driver. If i don't install the driver i don't have problem and the computer is not crashing.

I tired the next things:

All OC turn off, (CPU, RAM) - load default system bios

Reinstall windows

Try all AMD driver

Install only VGA driver without adrenaline software

Clean out the pci slot

Use other VGA cable from PSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ROU3c4NR8

My PC:

Gigabyte Z170-HD3P, I5 6600K,  2x8 DDR4 Corsair Vengeanc, EVGA Supernova G2 750W, Samsung 850 Evo 128Gb, WD Blue 1TB, 

0 Likes
9 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

When the processor is unstable, you experience sizzling and freezing problems. The pre-made OC may have damaged the motherboard. Or something as. So there must have been a different example for the problem to be related to the graphics card.

0 Likes

But whit igp or radeon whitout driver no crash

0 Likes

You can try Prime95 test for 30 minutes. 

0 Likes

INtel burn test plus memtest and furmark togother around one hour is ok?

0 Likes

Try Prime95, and return the GPU if there is no error half an hour. 

Edit: Make sure that not all cores stop working.

0 Likes

Edit: Make sure that not all cores stop working. Also...
Open your computer case. While the PC is running, on the desktop and in Chrome (with a YouTube video), move the graphics card slightly with the tip of your finger and test the PCI port. If your system is passing the tests, contact the store where you purchased the graphics card and explain the situation.

0 Likes

Prime Test is OK, i push the vga, and it wasnt problem. If i run the furmark, i can web browsing watch youtube, dont crash, 1 can play games, dont crash.

I think is a problem in the driver from the energy saving parts.

0 Likes
rvm_10
Adept I

Hi!

Maybe i found the solution. I i set up the minimum GPU voltage and minimun GPU Soc voltage from 800 mV to 850 mV and i dont get freez for 2 days.
tyrop
Adept I

I may have an answer.  I see a lot of threads with the same issue, and going to post this in a few of them.  I have a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT, but the problem may be for any modern Radeon card.  I also have an X570 motherboard.  I have a similar problem where I get random black screens.  I hear sound for a few seconds and then the system reboots.  It seems to happen when the computer is idle or not under a heavy load.  Someone else posted a link to a video they found online with a possible solution and it worked for me.  I cannot find the post or the video, though.

The problem was that the video card actually does not work well with PCI-E generation 4.  (If you have a motherboard that does not have PCI-E gen 4, then this will not be your solution.)  

Many (but from what I understand not all) motherboards have a setting for the PCI-E slots that allow you to select the highest generation of PCI-E that it will accept.  The solution for me was to go into the motherboard's advanced BIOS settings and find the settings for the PCI-E slot where the card is plugged in. For almost everyone, it would be in PCI-E slot 1.   Change the setting from Gen 4 to Gen 3.  (From what I read online, we probably are not getting too much benefit from Gen 4 anyway). 

I have not tested this for more than a day, but I left my computer alone for hours, and it would have black-screened and rebooted.  It never did, so I think it worked.  

0 Likes