Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ncnn
Journeyman III

5600 XT crash-> sound hang -> pc restart

Hello amd gurus,

today i'm really thinking to return my 5600xt for a 2060 SUPER.

HARDWARE :

MB : B450M MSI VHD MAX

GPU : 5600 XT GIGABYTE OC

CPU : R5 3600X

PSU : Aerocool LUX - 650W, 230V, 80+ BRONZE

Since 1 week i'm fighting with my pc to achieve total stability.. but no luck i loose.

I got maybe the same problem of many :

Random game at random time -> Black screen or Freeze -> The sound hang (like "TRRRRR") -> and pc restart by itself.

benchmark are good and temp aswell.

I tried so many things :

-Install The lastest driver/software and the older one (with feature (like radeon boost))

-Install The lastest driver/software and the older one (without feature)

-Install The lastest ONLY driver and the older one

-Switching Power options

-Reset windows

all time with a good DDU.

I don't have more ideas....

I return my 5600 XT this monday if it can't be stable.

0 Likes
9 Replies
swirf
Journeyman III

SWIRF TV fixes 5600 xt blue screen of death / video tdr failure / amd radeon adrenalin , no crashes ... 

here is a video outlining the following steps i took to fix my issues with  the 5600 xt, no crashes after 4 days

do this, i had zero crashes after 4 days so far

( i do not guarantee this will work for you,

this worked for me using:
gigabyte 5600 xt gaming oc 6g , with FA0 bios
msi mpg x570 gaming plus (newest bios)
ryzen 5 3600 (@4.3 ghz)
corsair vengeance rgb pro 32 GB (16 x 2 ) (@3600 mhz)

windows 10 ( dont think home / pro / build number makes a diff here, microsoft isnt to blame (this time)

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROBLEMS, DAMAGE, ETC.

1. uninstall radeon software (if freezes or has error dont worry goto 2)
2. run amd clean up utility (if freezes or has error dont worry goto 3)
3. boot windows into safe mode with networking (hold shift while clicking reboot in windows)
4. download and install display driver uninstaller
5. uninstall all gpu stuff and chipset stuff , using ddu , (display driver uninstaller)
6. reboot
7. check device manager, make sure display adapter says generic device, if not repeat steps 1 - 6

8. download amd chipset drivers directly from amd, selecting the appropriate categories (for AMD CPU users,,,, (((i would imagine the same would hold true for intel cpus), 
                              ( i didnt use ones from my mobo manufacturer) 
9. install the latest correct chipset drivers only from amd, (intel for blue team) ( NO ADRENALIN OR GPU STUFF FROM AMD)

10. reboot
11. download adrenalin, unpack it, (( it will show a generic unzip progress bar, let it finish, when the fancy splash screen comes up that say "do you want to install adrenalin" "CLICK CLOSE / NO                            ****** DO NOT INSTALL ADRENALIN OR ANY AMD GPU SOFTWARE **** we are just unpacking it to get to the drivers
12. goto device manager right click on generic display driver, hit update driver 
                       > select "browse my computer for driver software"
                           > choose "let me pick from a list......"   
                                 > choose "have disk"
                                      > goto the folder that adrenalin unpacked to ussually c:\amd , im not sure what subfolder it is in, i think one that says adrenalin, either way locate C0353065.inf (i beleive there was a driver subfolder and like a win32 / win64 etc folders, choose the one appropriate for your system)   (this may differ slightly for diff versions in the future)  click ok, choose the top 5600 xt driver, click next, 

13. (this should install the driver without adrenalin, device manager should now say "5600 xt" under display adapters)
              >>>>>>>>>>> reboot

congratulations, no more crashes (AMD please fix your software or make it alot easier to install just the  drivers, nvidia doesnt force u to use geforce experience, cough , cough

14. can  over clock with asus gpu tweaker ii

0 Likes
rvm_10
Adept I

I have a same problem about 1 week. I tried swirf. I have dont crash when i dont have driver and adrenaline software

0 Likes
luchoo1
Journeyman III

Hi, i have the same  issue for like a week too!, but my card is an MSI ARMOR RX580 8GB
Random crashes  only in gaming, black screen brrrr and have to hard reset, i've tried everything and nothing seems to work, hope someone can enlighten me 

0 Likes
rvm_10
Adept I

I have dint problem.ingame and dont droblem in furmark or other gpu stress test. Maybe its an power saving problem

0 Likes
accn
Elite

I experienced the same problem with my rx 5700, after the screen randomly turned black, the sound in the headphones hung like TRRRRR, and after that the PC rebooted. 

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Please read my thread. https://community.amd.com/thread/253578 

0 Likes

Man, stop spamming this topic, there is NO NEW BIOS for my rx 5700 and most other gpu's whose users suffer from this problem

0 Likes
rvm_10
Adept I

Hi!

Maybe i found the solution. I i set up the minimum GPU voltage and minimun GPU Soc voltage from 800 mV to 850 mV and i dont get freez for 2 days.
0 Likes
tyrop
Adept I

I may have an answer.  I see a lot of threads with the same issue, and going to post this in a few of them.  I have a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT, but the problem may be for any modern Radeon card.  I also have an X570 motherboard.  I have a similar problem where I get random black screens.  I hear sound for a few seconds and then the system reboots.  It seems to happen when the computer is idle or not under a heavy load.  Someone else posted a link to a video they found online with a possible solution and it worked for me.  I cannot find the post or the video, though.

The problem was that the video card actually does not work well with PCI-E generation 4.  (If you have a motherboard that does not have PCI-E gen 4, then this will not be your solution.)  

Many (but from what I understand not all) motherboards have a setting for the PCI-E slots that allow you to select the highest generation of PCI-E that it will accept.  The solution for me was to go into the motherboard's advanced BIOS settings and find the settings for the PCI-E slot where the card is plugged in. For almost everyone, it would be in PCI-E slot 1.   Change the setting from Gen 4 to Gen 3.  (From what I read online, we probably are not getting too much benefit from Gen 4 anyway). 

I have not tested this for more than a day, but I left my computer alone for hours, and it would have black-screened and rebooted.  It never did, so I think it worked.  

0 Likes