Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

slipd
Journeyman III

4.11.15.342 AM4 Chipset Software Install fail

Hi guys,

I can't seem to get the latest Chipset drivers to fully install...

Capture.JPG

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello!
AMD 5000 series processors use Windows power plans. The power plans specified in the drivers are for 3000 series processors and earlier.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
slipd
Journeyman III

Ah, is it because the Ryzen 5/7's don't use the Processor Power Management Support driver?

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/chipset-installation-fail/m-p/518661#M154499

I've got a MSI X570 with a 5800x.

0 Likes

Hello!
AMD 5000 series processors use Windows power plans. The power plans specified in the drivers are for 3000 series processors and earlier.

Cool, so I wasn't going mad then I literally tried everything to get the PPMS driver to install successfully.

I only upgraded to a 5800x this week and I was sure that my previous chip, a 3600, never had any Chipset driver issues.

Thanks!

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I had the same thing when I installed it. I rebooted, ran the install routine again, and it all came back successful that time. I have a Ryzen 5 5600x. Like you, I was wondering if it was because of the lack of specific power plans in the 5000 and above lines. So, I'm actually wondering why it succeeded after running it again.

0 Likes

Huh, that is weird... I've got a 5800x currently but upon checking with friends, they too have had different results with 5xxxx chips, successfully/unsuccessfully allowing that particular driver to be installed.

0 Likes