cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

binay_dear
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Windows 10 Spring Update 1803 and AMD drivers not working. unable to load windows.

Jump to solution

So, today i did some testings. Evrything worked fine. But the moment i uninstalled 18.4.1 via control panel or amdcleanuputility (tested both). The infinite loading came back. This time i didn't even use DDU. I might be wrong here but it looks like an issue in new windows version itself cz the 18.4.1 driver didn't caused any glitch or problem. When i tried uninstalling driver via control panel the uninstall used to get stuck. So, i chkd with amd utility n it worked. System rebooted f9 then again i installed 18 4.1 n rebooted n the issue was back. Let me tell you that b4 uninstalling my gpu driver, I rebooted and powered on/off my system atleast more than 15 times n not for single time it stuck in boot but as soon as i uninstalled n reinstalled driver...it came back.

0 Kudos
plumboby
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: Windows 10 Spring Update 1803 and AMD drivers not working. unable to load windows.

Jump to solution

I had a stepson Rebuild have issues with a Nvidia 1709 issue. Scored a R9 270OC 2G for cheap boys build was plagued with bugs. Fresh installed 1803 ran it as is for a night to make sure its stable. Ran DDU shut down. Fired back up on basic adaptor & loaded fresh drivers straight off AMD main driver page 18.4.1 atm on an i53470 8G ram with Gigabyte R9 270OC 2G running lick clockwork. Step son plays a varaity of games that been plagued with issues previously & all of them are running without a hitch on higher setting way nicer fluidity of gameplay. I am on 18.2.1 drivers on my RX560 but atm just holding off to see how the boys handles it. If it So far so good tho has fixed the other odd issues to. Tip & trick install fresh 10 with fresh 18.4.1 drivers  most of the time can eliminate 9/10 issues if your hardware is decent to.

0 Kudos
bobcamo
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

yeah, we have older amd hardware though too... that's the thing. that's great that your not having problems. but i have found else where people with similar builds as yours still having problems but i don't think those are related to what we're having. but no I've never had these problems before either which is why i found it odd til i started messing with things. it's definitely the windows update and if you search around there is actually a LOT of problems related to updating to this build for some reason. not the first time windows messed something up lol. their updates to the fall creators update messed up a lot of programs. one of them being asus AI Suite. but yeah. just trying to figure this out for those who are having similar problems and so far it does seem like a fresh install of windows may be fixing these issues which means windows needs to be attended to on how it's installing this update.

0 Kudos
bobcamo
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

yeah why i'm going to do a test on my other drive to see if my end is fixed by doing a fresh install. but problem is that's not always an option for everyone and these problems that i'm getting are more towards older AMD hardware so far. hence my build listed in the first post. but yeah. just a pain in the a** lol.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Just wanted to say that I loaded the 18.4.1 driver before updating to Windows 10 Spring Update 1803. I had zero issues this way. It absolutely may be luck of the draw though. Just seemed logical to load the driver first as it was compatible with both OS's. I figured if the new Windows needed it, it would already be there. I also have my Windows set to not let Windows automatically update my drivers with with Windows update.

0 Kudos
bobcamo
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

i actually did the same thing but the problem happened. but also did figure out for my end it was something to do with the monitor driver's which still happens if i run a cleaner. probably just going to format my main drive since so many things are acting up on top of all this.only had the OS running for about... maybe 3 weeks since the last time lol. but i'm probably going to start on it tomorrow. hoping a fresh install of windows will fix these issues.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Good luck! Hope it works out. I know of several people that the new update caused issues for. I feel like I dodged a bullet on this.

0 Kudos
atlasminor
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Its a long shot, well not really, in fact i know this will work. Have hardware from both MSI and Gigabyte among others ... Short answer , head directly to your hardwares website pull down that specific driver OR CD=Rom out of the box (website is better) and use the appropriate driver the manufacture created that includes the actual HwID's .

Lots of people ignore the fact, and the changes to Defender made it harder to install any driver W/o special permissions granted to the Windows-10 OS.

Have a card that starts at Crimson version 16.4 and have to use a good Driver Updater to pull down the latest driver the manufactures sell to them. They won't post what can be sold.

Take heed , this is only My2cents , or the UEFI Firmware will require a AMD update to meet the new 1803 standards. and you wont beable to block 1803 unless you have corporate edition, which costs thousands and isn't a commercial release.

Probably just the firmware, but why update a driver that does nothing for the app's your running, i can understand if a game or the Xbox just dies without the new driver, but that is never the case and most drivers nowadays are just used for testing to be sent to buyers.

Hope this helps. Which driver updater you need depends on which one is handling the company. Personally i would just use the driver that came with your card until such time, if that fails, you definitly know who should be called.

This isn't just 1803, you will go through this every 2,4 and 6 months promised and delivered through Microsoft. I lay money on firmware, even non-existant PC's are receiving firmware updates not just because of the Meltdown IntelME problems, but because of 1803 and what is to follow.

0 Kudos
plumboby
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

To state a weird conundrum on this half the time its not the updates is the way they are installed. I installed 1803 first then once updated & running stable loaded up 18.4.1 on an old Gigabyte R9 270 as i threw out a crapvidia card as had enough there mongrel updates. my stepsons I had prety much relaced & eliminated all hardware till the video card even PSU was suspect but running happy as the day I got it. I dont run any 3rd party crapware, browsers or Anti virus. I run a clean install of 10Pro full version with Edge as browser cc cleaner, & standard AMD Andrenaline drivers on all 3 builds so far without an issues. Blame is put on microsoft & AMD its not half the time its hardware releated as a long story lesson learnt from a few builds. If you got a questionable or suspect hard drive have had 10 kill many coz the hard drivers crapped out it happens. Its why i run ssd for OS & display drivers & games on 1T hard drive banks for incase. I dont bother doing back ups & i completely wipe any form of old updates or update logs so bugs do conflict drivers causing errors. I got a way I install on all builds with Laptops to Desktops that's never failed yet but been taught by a very got IT pro who spent alot of time in the Intel & AMD factories in China & his ex is a Russian IT pro translator who taught me alot & now teaching her vica versa with the AMD drivers & new 10 issues. I run bootable media which i remake every 6 months or so & same time got accesss to legit 10Pro non Oem keys, being on good terms with Microsoft as well if I get stuck. A lot comes from idiots who use pirated verions of OS like 7/10 which alot these issues do arise from & not spoken often about. I do my Installs clean with clean legit keys & 7 keys are still able to activate 10 without an issue. Go an issue with 10 1803 update or driver issues let me know as I got a few diffrent builds round at diffrent states i keep an eye on all the time for bug related issues. I work full time day job but a IT tech after hrs.

0 Kudos
bobcamo
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

yeah, i'm just waking up now about to back everything needed up then reformatting. did remember having the same issue before it became an actual update as i did try a preview build but because of the problems it did a system restore on me. but it's happened twice with regular updating. just hoping the re-installation works fine.