cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

redlegend
Journeyman III

3400G Black Screen Crashes

So I see this issue has been reported before and yet we don't have a reply for a fix from AMD, so I will post it yet again.

Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite WiFi BIOS F20 updated

CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G with 20.8.3 driver updated

Cooler: Stock AMD cooler

Power Supply: Seasonic Focus 750W 80+ Platinum

RAM: Trident Z NEO 16GB (2x8GB) 3600Mhz but running at 2133mhz to avoid instability from it.

Storage: Western Digital Black 500GB M.2 NVME SSD SN750

I play many games and have encountered random crashes on some of them, this is not a hardware failure since I have tested everything by replacing components and the only real walkaround is installing my old Nvidia GT 610 and disabling the Vega 11 iGPU to play games at 20fps (this not being a real solution since I paid for a working APU with graphics on it). This happens on all kinds of games, from a high end like Sekiro Shadows Die Twice to a low end like League of Legends. Screen goes black, hardware is still lighting and cooler is spinning, display wont show any image and PC cannot be force shut down by holding down power button, I have to unplug power supply to restart. I have made a support ticket and they just keep telling me to reinstall drivers in some new way with no real solution. I have tested many other older drivers to no avail. I have also reported this through AMD bug report tool with every game I have encountered this issue. This is not a new thing since 2019 people have been notifying this in this very forum and to this day there is not a single reply from AMD staff. I really don't want to go through the hassle of RMA my APU. I really hope someone comes up with a solution for this.

0 Replies