Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

metachen
Journeyman III

240hz not working with custom resolutions

Hello there.

I've got myself a new monitor (acer xf250q) which supports 240hz.

My rig is relatively old. I still use a gigabyte hd 7950.

However as far as i'm concerned the hd 7950 should support 240hz.

I connected my monitor and my graphics card using a mini displayport to displayport cable which is 6.6 feet long and should support DP 1.2

As for the windows settings, everything is working fine. I can choose 240hz @1080p

In the radeon settings however, I can not set a custom resolution that is above 132hz.

Sometimes 240hz shows up as some kind of preset but its not compatible and as soon as i try to edit it goes down to 200hz.

I have tried many different versions of amd, uninstalling every single one with DDU in safe mode afterwards.

Right now I use 240hz on the desktop but if i want to use another resolution (in my case for csgo) I have to create a custom resolution.

I also tried gpu scaling on/off and super resolution on/off.

Thank you for any help i get.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Well according to every spec I can find the only hz  is even mentioned as a guaranty is 60hz. I know in the past I have seen people make your same complaint at 120 & 144 hz. So I would say that any support at common resolutions is likely support added in beyond what was originally specified. I don't know that 240hz monitors even existed back when those cards were released.

You could try to create a custom resolution with CRU and see if that helps.  Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)