cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

angellicious
Elite

240HZ Monitor and stuttering on Apex Legends with 5700 XT

Im experiencing stuttering on Apex Legends with my 5700XT using laters driver (tried old ones and its worse)

I'm not bottlenecking in any way.

Done a clean windows 10 install all drivers installed and experiencing this on Alienware aw2518hf 240hz Freesync Monitor

0 Likes
81 Replies
angellicious
Elite

Re: Apex Legends 5700XT

this is what adrenaline reports about my monitortest.png

0 Likes
kapusij
Adept I

Hey Man,

I'm experiencing the same. I realized an odd thing. On Firing Range I'm getting GPU usage above 90%, but on World's Edge it's usually between 50-70% which is causing major FPS loss.
Could you please check whether you are experiencing the same discrepancy between the two maps in terms of GPU usage %?

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

one of the biggest headaches for panels above 60 fps is that most games are developed that way

few developers have 90 fps or faster panels

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

Yes, 100% agreed, on practice map you get almost constant 95-99% GPU usage while ingame it fluctuates from 25-65 GPU USAGE.

My cusin's pc has exactly the same setup expect the GPU he has 2070 super and when he goes in an actual game on APEX Legends he hold steady 99% GPU usage.

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

? what are u talking about? apex legends can be played up to 240hz monitor

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

I feel like freesync is not working properly on Alienware aw2518hf 240hz Freesync Monitor

The driver has to be optimized more because I experience stuttering on Apex Legends and Pubg.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the post.

I am going to file a ticket for this issue and we will investigate.

I noticed you created a few duplicate threads on the same issue so i will now lock those down and point them to this thread for easier tracking in the future. 

Below i will copy and paste the information from one of your other threads as it is missing from this one and contains your system specs. 

i7 6700K @4.5 1.33v

Saphire Nitro+ 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200 xmp 1.35v

Asus Z170-a 

650 watts PSU

Alienware aw2518hf freesync monitor 48-240 Freesync range.

Now my problem is this even though last update of drivers fixed many issues for many people my problem still exist,

It's like freesync is not working properly, I need to cap my fps to something like 150 in low settings in order to have APEX running smooth but once I go under that fps value I get stuttering and stuff which shouldnt be happening.

I should have my fps locked to 237 while freesync is on and have flawless gaming experience no matter what my fps value is at unless it goes below 48 thats when I should stutter lag or whatever correct?

Why is this happening any ideas?

Also my GPU usage when I have low settings on APEX Legends it fluctuates between 25-55% GPU Usage why it does not stay at 99% constantly like my friends pc is with his RTX 2070?

0 Likes
keldhanas
Adept I

Re: 240HZ Monitor and stuttering on Apex Legends with 5700 XT

Hi. I had the same problem with the 5700 xt nitro+ and Apex Legends, and i solved it by disabling completely the integrated graphic card of my i7 2600k. I had to disable it by bios to avoid the problem. It's strange but it seems that game use both the graphic cards if you don't disable it. Let me know if you solve like this

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 240HZ Monitor and stuttering on Apex Legends with 5700 XT

Does disabling FreeSync have any effect on the issue? If you could capture a short small video showing the issue that would be helpful as i can include that in the ticket. 

EDIT

What are you using to cap FPS at 150?

0 Likes