cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

drallim
Elite

Re: 240HZ Monitor and stuttering on Apex Legends with 5700 XT

No this is normal, your CPU does the same thing, drops clocks when it has less work to do.

angellicious
Elite

its normal to drop coreclock when u lock fps and not GPU usage instead?

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Most of the time when GPU usage is low, GPU does not bring itself to turbo frequencies. In other words, when using FPS limit, GPU load will decrease and GPU core clock speeds will not increase to turbo frequencies in some cases. Also for the UFO test you mentioned, I sometimes have the frame drop problem with 120 hertz, and I am not currently using AMD.

In addition, OBS Display Capture causes excessive stuttering problems for all GPUs. For this reason, only Game Capture feature should be used with OBS. In other words, when the OBS Display Capture feature is added, even if this feature is not used, it is very normal to have a stuttering problem, just like the GPU clock speeds decrease with limiting FPS. These issues do not indicate a problem with the GPU driver.

The topic says there is a problem with 240 hertz. So as far as I understand, you don't have micro stuttering problems with 120 hertz. Unless you show us this difference with a good camera from the outside, like everyone else who posts on this forum page, I will not know exactly what your problem is.

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

my problem still exists its has to be something wrong with the driver of my 5700XT and my alienware aw2518hf freesync monitor.

amdmatt‌ I cannot provide a video to show you what I mean but I'm sure if you report this is happening, if they test it using my setup they will understand 100% whats wrong so please report it

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I am wondering if the video cards can render fast enough to handle 240 frames per second. That is 4 times the standard 60 frames.

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

rofl the card was made for 2k gaming 144hz on ultra what holds it back from achieving 240hz at low on 1080p

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is that using Chill? 

So for example you set Chill MIN/MAX to 237 you experience stutter.

If you set Chill MIN/<AX to 187 you do not experience stutter?

0 Likes
angellicious
Elite

using chill or any other type of fps limiter, even the ingame one not all at the same time off course

i tried rivatuner ive tried chill .

what happening

if i lock fps where i can maintain that value

everything is smoooth, if i cannot mantain the value i get microstutter tearing lag 

U understand now? I thought by having freesync monitor im allowed to have smooth gameplay no matter if my fps is 48 or in between 240

since my monitor has 48-240freesync range

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please can you provide some clear instructions to follow using either Chill or the in-game FPS limiter to reproduce the issue as i am a bit confused reading your posts. We will follow whatever you advise reproduces the issue on your system. 

For example:

Set ingame FPS limiter to 240 experience lag

Set ingame FPS limiter to 150 experience no lag

Please provide two examples like i have done above, on the steps we need to follow using either Chill, the ingame FPS limiter, or no FPS/Chill limit. 

angellicious
Elite

Okay let me try to explain my English isnt so good I will do my best.

When playing games WITHOUT capping the framerate at all I experience what I call microstuttering = not smooth

When playing games WITH capping the framerate at 237 I experience the same microstuttering = not smooth

When playing games and CAP fps to a value that I will hold like 95% for example 120fps cap on Apex Legends the game will run smoothly without microstuttering.

Playing at 120fps on 240hz monitor is really a bad experience.

I thought I would be able to run my game smoothly at all times if my fps stays withing my monitor's freesync range.

Now last but not least some people running 144hz some others running 165hz, there isnt many people running 240hz that have this card I'm totally sure that theres something wrong with high refresh rate monitors that supports freesync like mine Alienware AW2518HF 240hz Freesync Monitor.