cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mrvespear
Journeyman III

2200G drivers not allowing PC to boot

I got a 2200G about a month ago. The PC works 100% fine until I download the drivers. Upon downloading the drivers, the PC would freeze about 5 seconds after booting. It is 100% unusable. Safe mode works 100% fine though ,and uninstalling the drivers allows the PC to work normally ,but if I do so ,the drivers are uninstalled ,so no games can be played. I have tried almost everything including:

Updating the BIOS and downloading and uninstalling the chipset drivers multiple times.

Completely resetting the SSD twice(Clean install of windows)

Downloading older drivers

and much more

PC specs: ryzen 3 2200G,asus B450m prime csm,Ballistix 2666mghz 8GB RAM, mx500 500GB m.2 SSD,corsair 500watt 80+Bronze power supply

Any tip would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
3 Replies

If you are using/have installed any Asus controls (AI Suite,etc) it can conflict with AMD and Wattman settings and controls.

What OS?

Do you have the AMD graphics on the SSD that has the OS? It should be...and use the default installation location when installing.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Windows 10

Yes the drivers are on the boot drive.

Do you have any idea of how to stop the asus controls if there are any because I did not download any.

0 Likes

Check task manager/installed programs/services, etc. for Asus programs...use google to find out what they do. Most of these programs come pre-installed with motherboard or graphics.

Also, have you checked Device Manager for any yellow marks (warnings)?

Windows10 users should take whatever steps are necessary to prevent the automatic installation of drivers from Microsoft...as noted here > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers