cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rk895t
Journeyman III

2200+ RPM

Under load, the speed of the video card uncontrollably goes beyond 2200+ rpm (temperature is about 66C). At the same time, this is displayed in the application and can help msi afterburner to autorun. If you apply the settings in radeon, it helps for a while.

Please help me to solve the problem.

0 Likes
7 Replies

As a general rule, all third party graphics controllers conflict with AMD graphics settings. I suggest you uninstall afterburner (apply default settings first) and use AMD as the controller.

I downloaded afterburner only for speed limiting, without it it worked as I described. Therefore, this will not solve the problem.

0 Likes

I will now try to uninstall afterburner with the latest drivers installed.

0 Likes

If that doesn't solve the issue, supply the required info and we will go from there.

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

rx580 nitro+
PC, Win10 20H2,
driver 21.5.2,
Cpu ryzen 5 1600x,
motherboard msi b450m pro vdh max (bios B.B1 AGESA 1.1.0)
EVGA BQ 600W
SAMSUNG 2666 2x8

Reinstalled drivers and uninstalled msi afterburner, the problem remained. After spinning up to 2200 rpm, even after cooling down to 30C, the coolers operate at this speed for about a minute more.

0 Likes

I would set everything back to Factory defaults on your GPU Card using Radeon Settings and make sure Radeon Settings is with its default settings.

This will eliminate any User custom settings on both the GPU Card and Radeon Settings.

Now the Sapphire RX580 GPU card fans has Zero RPM feature which means the fans shouldn't run unless it reaches a certain temperature, generally ~58C - 60C.

Sapphire has a new Cooling feature called Intelligent Fan Control:

Screenshot 2021-04-30 164028.png

If the fans ramp up to maximum BUT only for a minute or less and then starts working normally the rest of the day, that could indicate the Fan control testing the fans out for some reason.

But if it cycles (Maximum to Minimum) on and off constantly than you have a problem.

Either way once you set everything back to default see if the fans start working only once the GPU temperatures goes over 60C.  You can check this by stress testing the GPU card and checking the RPM of the Fans as the GPU gets hotter.

Don't use any 3rd party Fan controller or Wattman at this time. See if the GPU card works and keeps cool without having to use custom Fan profiles. But if you do decide to use Custom Fan Profile than use AMD Wattman.

You can also install a previous WHQL AMD Driver in case the latest driver is causing the issue from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade...

See if the fans work better or the same.

Remember to use DDU in Safe Mode (best method) or at the Windows Desktop with the Internet disconnected and deleting the AMD  Installation folder at C:\AMD if created.

Once you install the Full package of AMD Driver and it installs successfully, reconnect the Internet and again delete C:\AMD folder.

Otherwise I suggest you open a Sapphire Support Ticket and ask them their opinion first then open a AMD Support online ticket from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Be sure and reboot.
0 Likes