cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rgleb
Adept I

22.7.1 breaks rendering of LOVE2D 11.X (game framework using OpenGL)

Hi, my name is Roman Glebenkov, developer of a game called "Intravenous" (Steam page link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1486630/Intravenous/). The game uses the game framework LOVE2D version 11.4.

Like the title says 22.7.1 BETA drivers break rendering of LOVE2D versions 11.x (latest being 11.4, also the version the game runs on).

The framework works as intended on any previous driver version. It also works fine on the previous major framework version (0.10.2), that my previous game uses.

Link to framework: https://love2d.org/

I have managed to reproduce this issue on a 6800 XT, 6900 XT, and Vega 64, so I think it's safe enough to assume it breaks it on all AMD graphics cards that benefit from the performance boost in this update.

Steps to reproduce in Intravenous:

1. Start the game (or download LOVE2D 11.4 and launch 'love.exe') - you'll be treated to a dark blue screen.

Steps to reproduce in LOVE2D:

1. Launch 'love.exe' - you'll be treated to a bright blue screen.

That's it.

From what I noticed it doesn't clear framebuffers correctly, it doesn't switch them properly, and it doesn't render anything properly, either.

If needed I can provide Steam keys (please reach out via email or DMs here if there is such functionality!), but this is no different from downloading the base LOVE2D executable and running it.

I am hoping for a fix, as these drivers quite literally make the game unplayable, and I am utterly unable to develop my next game (which also uses LOVE2D 11.4) using these drivers. There has never been an issue like this in any previous driver release.

4 Replies
rgleb
Adept I

Bump.

0 Likes

Bump.

0 Likes
idkeysmash
Adept I

It seems like there's a developer forum in communities - developers, you can try posting in that forum since you are a dev.

0 Likes

I've been told by an AMD employee that this will be looked into and taken care of!

0 Likes