cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chronblaze
Adept I

22.6.1 Fortnite worse than 22.5.1

Firstly, I run directx 12 with multi-threaded rendering enabled in all of what I state below.

Oddly enough, I'd get a graphics driver error when using 22.5.1 but my game actually never ran better. I upgraded to the 22.6.1 software and my game is unplayable again. I'm running an i9-9900k and a 6900xt. I've always been getting horrible fps drops but I have to roll back to 22.5.1. Please fix this. For some reason this card and fortnite have a horrible relationship. 

ps,

i've tried running performance / directx 11 with and without multi-threaded rendering and its unplayable all the way around with the new drivers. B

1 Solution

Spoiler
Hello , i have the same GPU , but its so bad experience ,whith this , tearing ,stutter .... , also with freesync =( 

nvidia is better

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
officialfn
Adept I

having the same problem rn with 22.6.1

Now that i've rolled back, the stuttering and insane fps drops (300fps to 20-30 while quickly checking a corner) are now back again. I'll never understand this GPU. My 2080ti I sold to a friend to "upgrade" was the worst decision ever. Every other game I have is flawless, except Fortnite. I can run MSFS 2020 almost maxed with full streamed HD scenery flawlessly but fortnite remains the only unplayable game with the 6900xt. Nvidia take me back. I've exhausted every avenue multiple times and I'm done.

0 Likes

So if all other games run ok!! 

Doesn't that tell you something about Fortnite, badly coded!

I have an RX 6700 XT and don't get any problems.. I did and went through event logs.. Found problems removed then and problems have gone..

It's not always AMD's fault!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Possibly, but given the fact it works fine for you says something about this card ;).

0 Likes

Spoiler
Hello , i have the same GPU , but its so bad experience ,whith this , tearing ,stutter .... , also with freesync =( 

nvidia is better
0 Likes

Is 22.5.1 worse than 22.6.1 after rolling back?

0 Likes

yes

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion for Fortnite and the performance issues. Please use that to provide your feedback and track future status updates.
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/fortnite-fps-drops-using-dx11-and-performance-mode/m-p...
0 Likes