Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CaligoVereor
Challenger

22.2.2, 22.2.3 and 22.3.1 Monitor flickering/stream, video stuttering

Greetings!

I've been having problems with my setup since AMD software version driver 22.2.2. When I'm scrolling webpages with media content (such as videos) my main monitor is flickering. The easiest way how to induce it is by scrolling down while watching a video on YouTube, the moment the video goes off screen there is a flicker happening. Same when scrolling up and the video goes on screen.

Not only that, but I've also noticed other issues - if I'm watching a stream on my main monitor and try watching a video on the second monitor the video has buffering issues and the stream on main monitor starts stuttering. At first I thought that might be a network issue but no, my 1GBps connection is working fine.

Both issues go away if I reinstall driver 22.2.1. But now it's been happening with the past 3 new versions so I'm getting properly annoyed. I tried emailing AMD tech support at 22.2.3 but they only gave me a list of basic troubleshooting solutions and then said to go back to the version I confirmed worked fine (22.2.1).

I'm running a 2 monitor setup. Main monitor is 144Hz (Connected by DisplayPort ) and the second one is 60Hz (HDMI connected). If the refreshrates might be a problem, how would I fix it?

Windows 10, RX 6700XT

1 Solution
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Ok I just remembered about this topic after someone commented here and realized I haven't updated it. Basically, for the last half a year or so newest drivers have been working fine with no more flickering happening. So my issues were solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
67 Replies