cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

22.2.1 Wattman Locked Settings?

5600x -  Vega 64 

I actually noticed this bug(?) when the driver was first released but forgot to ask about it due to the whole "Windows forcing updates to an older driver" thing thats still going on, but I finally remembered.

05e5942b95752dc0a5068c1a0861a043.png

P0-P6 randomly become greyed out? Most of the time when this happens, you can just mess around with the window/sliders and they'll become red again, but rarely this greyed-out state means you cant edit these sliders at all; they become stuck. Luckily I already have a Wattman profile with all my settings, but this is super weird and definitely a new thing. Never seen it before. Figured I'd report it and see if anyone else has encountered it.

0 Likes
1 Reply

EDIT: Just noticed that the GPU gets stuck at max power state (max core/memory frequency) at idle when this happens too. Even messing with wattman a bunch and disabling profiles/reverting to stock settings etc does nothing. Probably requires a reboot. Has anyone else gotten this behaviour after upgrading to 22.2.1?

64b665c1978faf1c4b0d04ff6b990fc4.png

Current/Min/Max values from left to right. Notice the current values at IDLE. Core and Mem freq pegged at max and power draw is increased as a result. 

0 Likes