cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bluegoon
Adept I

22.10.2 breaks Windows 11.

22.10.2 goes to black screen as is normal in Windows 11 64-bit, the audible sounds where a device disconnected, normally it'd reconnect, but it doesn't, the system remains in a black screen state with CPU audibly ramping up.  You have to manually shut down the system or it seemingly hangs/crashes indefinitely.

Please fire everyone responsible for 22.10.2 immediately, your competitors decade spanning advantage in GPU software is going steady while you're breaking operating systems trying to get youtube not to stutter on chromium based browsers...

I'm going to mail this to Lisa Su directly as well, your software is embarrassing and needs to be addressed on a structural level.

bunch of event viewer stuff

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_3142&PID_0001&MI_03&Col02\8&338d0357&0&0001.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

The previous system shutdown at 6:26:38 AM on ‎10/‎22/‎2022 was unexpected.

I'm using the latest Windows 11 64-bit, an RX 6600 combined with Ryzen 5600G on X570 motherboard.

4 Replies
farhanww
Journeyman III

same thing is happening to me, idk what to do

I tweeted Lisa Su and Andrej Zdravkovic and screen capped the thread, people, including Andrej, needs to be made accountable for this.  This isn't acceptable.

0 Likes
Fwq14
Adept I

Try going back to 22.10.1. And have you tried to update the drivers with a full factory reset? You can choose to reset the drivers whenever you are prompted to update them.

Also why are you using a Ryzen 5 5600G with an X570 board and a dGPU

0 Likes

"Also why are you using a Ryzen 5 5600G with an X570 board and a dGPU"

I only got the GPU after the fact, used the IGPU as a stopgap.

I'm not going to "roll back" drivers, they either work, or they don't, if they don't, then AMD shouldn't release them.