cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dekio
Journeyman III

21.4.1 crashing problem

T oday i updated my driver and games have been crashing after a few seconds of gameplay and if i initiate a stress test on the amd radeon software the screen goes black and the amd software recognizes it as a timeout. Tried downgrading and the same thing happens, also tried cleaning up but no luck.

0 Likes
21 Replies
CaptYian
Adept I

Re: 21.4.1 crashing problem

I have the same problem!

tried too to install previous driver but did not work as well. My screen sometimes go black and if not i see black squares popping up randomly on the screen. If u find a solution let me know asap

0 Likes
CaptYian
Adept I

I have the same problem!

tried too to install previous driver but did not work as well. My screen sometimes go black and if not i see black squares popping up randomly on the screen. If u find a solution let me know asap 😭

0 Likes
EDOD
Adept I

It's happening to me, too. But only in versions 21.3.1 and 21.4.1. When I install 20.11.3, all issues disappear instantly. 

With 21.3.1 and 21.4.1  I get crashes (while not doing anything in the windows explorer) or even artifacting squares with patterns all over the screen. Freezes and such. The most common is that it freezes, then the screen goes black and then it recovers. When I'm gaming, nothing happens. Everything works normally under load... I'll just stay in 20.11.3 for the time being until the next version to check again. (Relevant info: I'm using an rx590 fatboy).

0 Likes
ioannisp1961
Journeyman III

i have the same problem

After installing 21.4.1. new drivers had this errors...and crashing 

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1862, time stamp: 0x6075cb03
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1862, time stamp: 0x6075cb03
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001685f0
Faulting process id: 0x3418
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73b6e24600e36
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report Id: a78ff769-4409-4ecb-9e15-d9e63fc45b32
Faulting package full name:

CaptYian
Adept I

Im a newbie here, so you saying that i must delete these files?

0 Likes
appletummy
Journeyman III

this is happening to me too. i've had my RX580 for almost 3 years now and have had zero issues until the last 2 updates...crashes every 5 minutes now with Chrome even.

0 Likes
Gaius80k
Journeyman III

Same issue but only on Chrome. Happened with last 2 updates and this one ran fine for like 15 days and I just got a t/o watching Youtube and playing WoW. First time I got it playing so I believe is a browser issue. I think that turning off Hardware Acceleration helped me (I got it on on Friday to use on Roll20). 

I read somewhere else that installing just the driver (and not Adrenaline) helps too. 

EDOD
Adept I

"I read somewhere else that installing just the driver (and not Adrenaline) helps too."

I can confirm that: installing just the driver works fine. Installing the "minimum" did not give me any trouble for some days, until it did. That's when I decided to install windows all again from scratch because I thought that maybe the previous driver (in version 20.11.3) had left corrupted files behind or something, but nope. Even after a clean installation, version 21.4.1 was still causing trouble. This is why I decided to stay in 20.11.3
0 Likes
Fraxlin
Journeyman III

Same issue here with my RX 580: after installing 21.4.1 drivers, I have the same exception code (0xc0000005)

With drivers 20.12.1 everything works just fine!