cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

20.9.1 Doesn't FULLY TERMINATE EXE on Exit+Bad Metrics+Inst Rep

20.9.1 Will cause games to STILL RUN IN THE BACKGROUND after exit. 20.9.2 is unusable due to constantly crashing DXVK.

Performance Metrics need to be set to a GAME BASIS, so it exits when you quit the game.

Instant replay is still broken in all drivers, which CRASHES the ENTIRE OVERLAY.

Snap Settings Import/Export does not save or restore my Metrics Overlay color, which is RED, and is also ridiculous that I have to MANUALLY type in RED for AMD.

Default Metric colors are:

White: Standard since DOS.

Blue: What are you, Intel?

Green: What are you, Nvidia?

Magenta: Are you on crack? This should be RED, and the DEFAULT.

20.9.1 has so far been the most stable driver for Vega 56 this year, but there still are ridiculous bugs with the Radeon software itself, and the non-terminating exe issue.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Too many problems with 20.9.1 and 20.9.2. I just rolled back to 20.8.2.

I still get some game crashes and no instant replay, but it works better than 9.2, and doesn't have weird exe bugs that mess with the OS.

0 Likes

Update: Latest DXVK 1.7.2 doesn't crash Instant Replay. (Not that IR stability should be related, since OBS always works fine.)

20.8.2 seems to be driver to use.

9.1 ran decent, but had the non-terminating exe issue. Don't know what causes it, or if it's fixable other than not using it.

I don't know if I trust the other drivers, as they all seem to perform questionable, and it's a matter of trading off which bugs I can tolerate.

0 Likes