cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

liscu
Journeyman III

Re: 20.2.1 -some youtube videos on chrome cause chrome window to appear all black

Same here -5700 xt. But  isn't driver problem. I had it on older drivers too. 

0 Likes
cjromix
Adept I

Re: 20.2.1 -some youtube videos on chrome cause chrome window to appear all black

My Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse stopped supporting YouTube & Facebook after updating Chrome to v.80, I spent all day on solving this problem with Google technical support, a day has passed and the problem has not been solved so far! So I deleted Chrome and will never return to it again. I installed the latest version of Yandex Browser and it works fine! Moreover, Yandex Browser on the fly picked up all the settings of Chrome - all bookmarks and passwords and even extensions! So let Google amuse itself with the thought that it’s impossible to do without Chrome even further, that's enough for me!

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
this new version may solve some problems
0 Likes
cjromix
Adept I

I have problem in this Version 80.0.3987.87

yendys
Adept II

I am reporting the same problem ... I can only help with this: switch windows to HDR in windows settings. Then I can at least close that broken video all over Chrome! God!

herve-ch
Adept I

I understand your reaction but i think AMD really improved their drivers since the beginning we should keep faith in them

But yeah they should fix all bug before releasing new features!!

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

yendys wrote:

I am reporting the same problem ... I can only help with this: switch windows to HDR in windows settings. Then I can at least close that broken video all over Chrome! God!

Does your LCD support HDR for Windows 1809 and above? I have an LG 4K panel that does properly support that feature.

Check your LCD panel documentation.

0 Likes
yendys
Adept II

Yes. supports HDR. Without HDR support, the setting to turn on HRD cannot be used.

My problem with "black" Chrome and YT is just off HDR. If I turn on HDR, Chrome will start displaying the video ... It's just gray and ugly ...

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

yendys wrote:

Yes. supports HDR. Without HDR support, the setting to turn on HRD cannot be used.

My problem with "black" Chrome and YT is just off HDR. If I turn on HDR, Chrome will start displaying the video ... It's just gray and ugly ...

Can you post a link to your particular LCD so I can look over the specs carefully

0 Likes
mretnie
Adept II

Hey guys, I have the same issue.

RX 5700 here on 20.2.1 and Chrome 80.x. If you disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome it once again works. Also if you enable HDR in Windows 10 (besides everything looking fracking muted and colorless then).
What has anything to do with anything?

0 Likes