cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rainingtacco
Elite

20.2.1 -some youtube videos on chrome cause chrome window to appear all black

So everything works on Microsoft Edge, and it appears the 20.2.1 is the problem. I can disable hardware acceleration in chrome and everything is fine, but i can also remove the drivers and everything is also fine. So it's clear as day that the drivers are the cause. Please fix this, as i didn't have this problem before. 

28 Replies
lebreezyaf
Adept I

Re: 20.2.1 -some youtube videos on chrome cause black screen

Same issue with my RX 5700 XT and AMD Radeon Software 20.2.1.

It seems to occur on Chrome 80 only, downgrading fixes the issue.

rainingtacco
Elite

Re: 20.2.1 -some youtube videos on chrome cause chrome window to appear all black

Just to be clear -downgrading the driver to 20.1.3 did nothing and the problem still occured. You have to downgrade chrome to version before 80!!! 

AMD STOP RELEASING DRIVERS EVERY FEW DAYS/WEEK PUSHING MEANINGLESS STUFF THAT IS UNTESTED, MAKE UPDATES EVERY MONTH, BUT MAKE IT COUNT AND FIX REAL ISSUES AND NOT THE SUPERFLUOUS THINGS LIKE YOUR APP OR UI. WE NEED GOOD DRIVERS, AND NOT MINOR FIXES TO RELIVE!!!

0 Likes
lebreezyaf
Adept I

Re: 20.2.1 -some youtube videos on chrome cause chrome window to appear all black

To be fair, it's not AMD's fault, but rather Google's for pushing a broken update.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Youtube is working fine on my RX 480 with a fresh install of windows

20.2.1 seems to be free of BSOD problems too

0 Likes
lebreezyaf
Adept I

Yeah the latest Chrome update seems to give issues on RX 5700 (both XT and non-XT) only.

A friend of mine with an RX 5700 non-XT has the same issue.

rainingtacco
Elite

I don't have the problem on chrome lower than 80, no matter the driver, so it's clearly some AMD driver-chrome bad interaction. When you disable hardware acceleration it goes away, but that's not a good solution!

rainingtacco
Elite

I have 5700 XT that might be a problem.

0 Likes
rainingtacco
Elite

Well the chrome works fine when you don't install AMD driver, so i guess the fault lies on both sides, as earlier chrome versions work fine.

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Same issue here,
works fine with h.accel. disabled or by reverting chrome to version 79.xx, but that's unfortunate still
5700xt