cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mokurai82
Adept II

[20.2.1] Radeon chill max fps limit does not work.

When I set Radeon chill to, let's say,  max 140 fps in the newest 20.2.1 drivers and play an easy to run game like Ni No Kuni II, the game will easily exceed that limit even though its set to 140 and causes major screen tearing even though I have Freesync enabled on my Benq EX3203R, 144hz, Freesync 2, monitor powered by a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT.

This issue does not exist in the latest WHQL 20.1.3 drivers.

It's a shame because the 20.2.1 drivers fixed HDR for me.

So now I have to choose between Freesync and HDR.

A driver version that has no bugs would be welcome for a change.

Please fix this AMD.

9 Replies

Chill seems to be broken, I use the driver defaults and leave them that way and carry on with Halo which is what I am playing right now.

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Hello!
It seems to be that Chill can't be enabled via the Global graphics settings section in the latest Adrenalin version. 
Try to set Chill via the game specific profile in the driver menu

Thanks! It helped temporarily in the game I played but I swear this driver has got a mind of its own..

0 Likes

3 weeks and no driver update im just crying ta this point as i got my card on february 3 when the 20.2.1 was released and since then there hasnt been any update.

Seriously i cannot enjoy any game on my 5700xt with alienware 240hz freesync monitor its so sad, everygame stuttering freesync is not working if im stuttering i mean its not working as it should, my games should be buttery smooth also the power efficiency feature that they have build in the driver is by far the worst thing i want my card to run hot and max clocks when im gaming i dont want to have a stuttery experience and my card to run cold for what?

AMD release a driver update already I CANT PLAY ANY GAMES brand new card! 464 Euros! Horrible experience waiting and waiting and still no fix what are you doing???

You might want to try the latest WHQL driver (20.1.3), or just install the 19.12.1 driver for the time being which was mostly bug free. (apart from HDR I think)

0 Likes

mokurai82 wrote:

You might want to try the latest WHQL driver (20.1.3), or just install the 19.12.1 driver for the time being which was mostly bug free. (apart from HDR I think)

I have a HDR panel and 20.2.1 works with a few minor glitches. I reboot often so that the machine does not accumulate too many problems.

I use DDU with more zealotry than some dude on a corner with a bible.

0 Likes

Yeah but Radeon Chill is broken in that driver.

I think using DDU is mandatory, I use it too.

mokurai82 wrote:

Yeah but Radeon Chill is broken in that driver.

I think using DDU is mandatory, I use it too.

drivers and other problems forced me to wipe the ssd and install windows fresh a few weeks ago

0 Likes
aluminumhaste
Journeyman III

Wow, 3 years later this "feature" is still broken.

Tried global, per game, doesn't matter, does nothing. It's stuff like this that makes people stay with, or go back to Nvidia.

0 Likes