Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

20.12.1 Features removed - FRTC , Chill , Freesync

Hello and hope everyone is good.

Just updated the drivers for HBM to 20.12.1 and noticed many features have been removed from the GUI?

FRTC, Chill and freesync panels are missing for HBM? Also all DX9 titles tested play really bad, stutter, slowdowns on games which had solid FPS on previous drivers, well 19.12.1 because all bloody year the driver have been a complete farse.

Can anyone help? Anyone out there with HBM and have updated to 20.12.1? Let us know the settings if I may ask.

Thanks again.

5 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

FRTC has long since been dead. As for Chill, you can enable it either in the game profiles or globally in the graphics tab. (see below) 

Freesync is enabled only in the game profiles.

shot 2.jpgshot 1.jpg

0 Likes
antionn
Adept II

Hi,

Concerning FRTC, we can do another observation : it was possible to use with "custom GUI" (using 19.12.1 ui with lastest drivers versions), and outerpass the limitation of the Adrenalin 2020 Ui, by not using it.
But some versions ago (don't sure which one it was), even by using this technic, it's now impossible, the slider of FRTC don't appeared ... I don't know what change to cause that ...

The biggest joke is FRTC are still present in Windows registry, like all the previous versions. So we can suppose, he is still in the driver, even with this new "downgrade".

Well, I suppose we can conclude with this word : AMD = Again a Mystery to Determinate ... not sure my joke is funny, but I do it :p

0 Likes
gilbylionska
Adept I

man u have to check out on the graphic menu, its still there

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello and hope everyone is good.

Just updated the drivers for HBM to 20.12.1 and noticed many features have been removed from the GUI?

FRTC, Chill and freesync panels are missing for HBM? Also all DX9 titles tested play really bad, stutter, slowdowns on games which had solid FPS on previous drivers, well 19.12.1 because all bloody year the driver have been a complete farse.

Can anyone help? Anyone out there with HBM and have updated to 20.12.1? Let us know the settings if I may ask.

Thanks again.

you have too check out on the graphic menu's man, its still there...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thanks for the replies.

I don't use the new GUI, normally bootleg the Crimson GUI with the ini manual update, never had any real issues up to now.

Seems after Nov2020 this method has been blocked, I'm going back to the pro drivers instead.

Thanks again for the help here.

0 Likes

Global FRTC control is back in Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1 Driver for RX5700XT -> R9 390X. 
This is great news. 

It works with Radeon Chill do you can set FRTC = 59, Chill min FPS = 30 Chill max "FPS" = 300 and run an RX Vega 64 Liquid on BFV at 4K Ultra with ~ reasonable 59 FPS 4K Experience with Vsync off. 

Now  all Radeon Team need to do is adjust chill behaviour so that you can hit more than 55 FPS with those settings with keyboard only input. 

Please mark this as the correct answer. 

Thanks.

0 Likes