Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tom91
Journeyman III

20.1.4 Keeps crashing with Battlefield 4

Hey,

Is anyone else having issues with Battlefied on the new drivers? I have the Red Devil 5700XT and it either keeps freezing, going to a black screen or showing me the attached error.

I have it running on DX11, when I tried mantle it instantly crashed to the desktop. I have all setting on ultra and all radeon addional settings turned off. Pretty much every other game works fine just can't get BF4 to run.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
tom91
Journeyman III

Update, I have managed to get it working by going back to 20.1.3 and disabling origin overlay. However the drivers now crash everytime I exit the game and require a restart to get back into adrenaline.

0 Likes

BF4 seemed to be running ~ OK on BF4 on Adrenalin 2020 20.1.4 for me.
I already tried to look into this error for someone else on another post.
Failed to see it so far.
Tested it on RX Vega 64 Liquid + Ryzen 2700X.

0 Likes

I am running the Ryzen 3600 with teh 5700XT, I also disabled the Radeon overlay and have to run it in borderless not full screen mode, but at the moment it seems to be working okay.

0 Likes
tomerz
Journeyman III

go back to 19.12.1, solves the problem 100%

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

This error has nothing to do with the driver. There is a hardware error. If OC was done with WattMan, should reset WattMan settings. If there is no OC, the temperature values should be checked. If the temperature values are reasonable, the GPU core clock speed should be slightly reduced. The video memory should not be OC.

0 Likes

There was no OC on the card everything was running on auto. This error only came up twice the other times it was either a black screen or the game froze completly always needing a restart. Tempurates arent an issue never exceding 70°C.

I do have it working now on 20.1.3 (apart from Adrenaline crashing on exit), I think it might have something to do with the radeon overlay or origin overlay. I will wait till 20.1.4 becomes recomended and try it again then.

0 Likes

I think AMD will fix this error in the future with new drivers. Go to WattMan and lower the GPU core speed by 100-200Mhz. I think WattMan changes will be very useful until new stable drivers. 

0 Likes