cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ramchyld
Elite

20.1.3 severely broken!

Case 1: video editing and development rig: upon downloading and running it, it gives an error 182 stating that it could not detect the cards on my system. I'm running a set of WX7100 cards. 20.1.2 does recognize the cards. I have tried doing a clean install using DDU to no avail. 

Case 2: gaming rig: Twin Vega64 cards were detected fine, but after installation I checked and nothing changed, the control panel still reads 20.1.2. Additionally the system now randomly freezes. Using DDU to clean up and go back to 20.1.2.

0 Likes
1 Reply
dab
Journeyman III

I have a Vega64 and after the nigmare 20.1.2 caused, I was happy to see 20.1.3. But things are now even worse, my display is now yellow/red when logged in to Windows 10. I can confirm the following is not fixed as per the release notes: 

• An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when performing parallel actions such as web browsing, gaming or watching video.
  • A limited number of games such as Nioh™, Dragon Quest Builders 2™, WWE™2K20, Dead or Alive 6™ and Atelier Ryza™ may crash or fail to launch. - You can now add The Witcher enhanced edition director's cut and The Witcher Wild Hunt to this list.
  • An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when the system is left idle at desktop. - Black screen still occurs, however now we can add a grayish pixel screen to this and some flickering as well

Before 20.1.2, my GPU was running very stable with no temp issues when running The Witcher Wild Hunt at 4K at Ultra settings. With 20.1.2, my GPU's temps went through the roof and the game crashed after about 15 minutes of game play. I installed 20.1.3 yesterday as I thought it might have fixed the issue caused by 20.1.2. however, as mentioned, my screen is now yellow-redish.

0 Likes