cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

20.1.3 BSOD "thread_stuck_in_device_driver"

Hello , had no problems with 20.1.2 for several days with my radeon VII , this morning I saw 20.1.3 were out, so wanted to be "up to date" ... result 1h wasted

after 20.1.3 installed , while windows is restarting : BSOD with "thread_stuck_in_device_driver"

so decided to rollback to 20.1.2 with a clean driver installation (driver option "restore to factory defaults at install" )

but at the end when driver wants to load the UI , new BSOD with "thread_stuck_in_device_driver" with 20.1.2 this time !

so I do a DDU , restart and try to re-install 20.1.3 ... installation error message : cannot clean a previous driver , or something like this (amd sound driver i think "auep"  ,dont remember)

and had the message to use amdcleanuputility at this time

so restarted in safe mode , used amdcleanuputility AND ddu

then restarted , installed 20.1.2 without checking the box that says "start the amd software" at the end , and then restarted windows ... now it's seem it's back to normal ... but I won't try 20.1.3 again, waiting for the next one ...

0 Likes
3 Replies
jessego
Journeyman III

I have  the same issue with my Vega 64. I have gone so far as to move the card to a different machine with a fresh installation of windows/drivers and the error continues as of 20.4.1. It seems to happen  more frequently when multitasking. @AMD, seems  like a lot of these threads are going unresolved. What's the  plan?

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

I finally got multiple bsod with 20.2.1 too so i switched back to 19.11.3 the only latest stable version I have for my radeon VII

none of 2020 adrenalin driver works for my setup

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

I finally installed 20.4.2 as I saw two posts about 2 guys that had no problems with their radeon VII and 20.4.2 ... And I'm pleased to confirm that it's been 10 days (24h/24) and no blackscreen happened, no reboot, nothing , it's seem stable for me

playing with oc (2155mhz and 1200 mhz ram)  and working with triple screen , everything seems smooth with these one

(well done, finally )

0 Likes