cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

casa26687
Adept I

2 questions: why is Feedback a vote on a wishlist? Why can't update remember user settings?

Hello,

First, it seems every time I update the software, I have to go back in and reset my preferences - primarily, set fan to 100% at all temperatures and some other tweaks.

Then I tried to send feedback through the AMD Software page and all that I got is a survey about what suggested features I'd like to see... voting on a wishlist isn't feedback.

I'd have to guess that AMD isn't really interested in user feedback (unless it's Beta) and don't care that updates cause more work for users.

Perhaps this post will get someone's attention.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nagrenol
Challenger

First, it seems every time I update the software, I have to go back in and reset my preferences - primarily, set fan to 100% at all temperatures and some other tweaks.

- there's an option to keep user settings (or something similar) when updating the drivers. I have found sometimes it doesn't work. But generally once I set my custom settings like fans etc I make a copy of that profile so if it doesn't keep or I just do a fresh install I can just copy/drag that file back in to the same folder.

Then I tried to send feedback through the AMD Software page and all that I got is a survey about what suggested features I'd like to see... voting on a wishlist isn't feedback.

- If its feedback on the above issue then do it via a bug report as shown here

They send that wishlist to all users randomly to vote on features. For the most part for feedback its either bug reports or forum posts. But looking being honest about it, very unlikely to see anything happen really.

I'd have to guess that AMD isn't really interested in user feedback (unless it's Beta) and don't care that updates cause more work for users. Perhaps this post will get someone's attention.

- Probably not tbh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Nagrenol
Challenger

- there's an option to keep user settings (or something similar) when updating the drivers. I have found sometimes it doesn't work. But generally once I set my custom settings like fans etc I make a copy of that profile so if it doesn't keep or I just do a fresh install I can just copy/drag that file back in to the same folder.

- If its feedback on the above issue then do it via a bug report as shown here

They send that wishlist to all users randomly to vote on features. For the most part for feedback its either bug reports or forum posts. But looking being honest about it, very unlikely to see anything happen really.

I'd have to guess that AMD isn't really interested in user feedback (unless it's Beta) and don't care that updates cause more work for users. Perhaps this post will get someone's attention.

- Probably not tbh

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I did find the 'export' and saved a profile, which will save a little time after the next update.

As far as 'Feedback' on the website... they should change the button name if it's a survey and NOT feedback.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Dennis_Menace
Adept II

If you have saved your preferences and settings in the Radeon software (Under performance), then all you have to do is to go in and reload your settings after each update. I don't think that is too much work. Of Course they have to reset your settings to standard when you install new drivers, so that you can see it works, before you start tweaking them... it would be extremely bad if you had made some settings that crashes the new driver software soon as it launches 

0 Likes