cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

titlebr549
Adept I

2 different amd drivers installed... HELP!!!

I have a

HP ENVY dv7 with beats audio

AMD A8-4500M GPU w/ RADEON HD Graphics 1.90 GHz

6.00 RAM

64 bit OS, x64 based processor

Now that thats out of the way...

I recently found the need to install an amd driver.(didnt know it was avail.)

So, I have installed: AMD PRO Control Center, and AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

I thought the first one was correct, but I Installed the other after I found out it was. confused yet?

I sure am. any way I am writing to you now on this laptop, so I do know that one of them is installed.

My reason for getting on here is some files are not opening when I request to open them. I have the latest vlc player but yet my music and videos/movies will not open. I have installed several apps from steam also within the past few months.

I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
9 Replies

No..you installed the wrong thing...and I assume you have Windows10? Laptop graphics update...How to

AMD A-Series A8-4500M Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

How to choose the correct driver: Download Drivers

Clean install one of these drivers   Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Driver > Legacy

Sorry I have windows 8.

I have from the beginning to upgrade to 8.1 but the system doesnt do it. Will the 8.1 driver work?

NAMEFILE SIZEREVISION NUMBERRELEASE DATEDOWNLOAD LINK
Catalyst Software Suite302 MB15.7.17/29/2015*DOWNLOAD
Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta313 MBCrimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta3/1/2016*DOWNLOAD

If I do select the 8.1 driver, which one?

this is for the same settings above but except windows 8

0 Likes

What do you mean? Are you not able to update to Win8.1?

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Make sure Winows update is set to:

I have tried several times but this laptop wont do it. I can surf the net fine, so I know its not a connection issue

Is there any way I can download it directly from windows as a patch?

0 Likes

Try this....but your still going to have to update it. Check with HP support for bios updates, etc. HP HP Laptops | HP® Customer Support

Download Windows 8.1

I dont have the windows key, I bought this laptop from a pawn shop. I know that it may be in the registry, but I have no idea where to find it.

0 Likes

thank you for the link. I should be able to get it from here. You have been very helpful.

0 Likes

Download this free Keyfinder called Magic Jelly Bean. It will extract the Windows Key from the Registry: Magical Jelly Bean

0 Likes

I doubt it, but what do you have to lose? Try them both.

0 Likes