comment

0 Likes
17 Replies
mainakcrixallis
Adept III

Gif_20190914013826660_by_gifguru.gif

mainakcrixallis
Adept III

I Got that nice screen after i had Hw accel on . + enhanced sync + Freesync . .

Been running with all that enabled after installing the 19.9.2. No issues.

I would leave HW-Accel off for now, if you CPU is fast enough, there is not load leaving in Software mode

0 Likes
niquist
Adept I

I had lots of bsod with Rx480 and 19.9.2 but I think I was using a before September 12 release. Im going back to 19.7.3.

Did you already try to slightly increase the voltage(like 10mV) to all clocks states but highest in Wattman? Different card brands uses different configs and voltages. I had to do that to make my card stable. Actually in my case I undervolt the higher clock state, to manage power and temps and keep the gpu more time in higher state, and overvolt the others states for stability.

Voltage problem is very hard to troubleshoot because if you run a 3d benchmark the card will be running at max clock speed and higher voltage so everything is going ok. Sometimes the card changes the clock state and you system crash. Its a very random and intermittent problem.

I'm just shocked major tech websites and YouTubers have failed to report on this major issue. It is all over the forums here from actual users but somehow has been avoided by the press. They keep talking about how great the cards are, which it should be, and thus is influencing people into getting it - only to have numerous problems from hard crashes, many different BSOD and the inability to use AMD features like freesync. It really is disheartening because I was one of those people influenced by positive reviews and benchmarks. Now I'm sitting here with a 2070 I originally didn't even want, waiting for fixes in the form of drivers. The card is perfectly fine - it's all on AMD's end.

You did good getting a 2070.  Matured platform. No problems at all

0 Likes

Well I had said in another thread that I spent 10 hours on one of my days off fighting BSODs, at least 5 different ones. Around hour 10 I got fed up and did an Amazon Same-Day for a 2070, which I overpaid for because I was losing my mind. Plugged it in, and no problems at all. I wanted to support AMD and the 5700 XT by all accounts was a great card. Too bad about the drivers though. I'm still upset that no one in the gaming or tech press has said a word about this. They just continue to put out card reviews and comparisons, recommending the card without exception to these problems. 

0 Likes

I feel you bro.  Bad stuff happens . 2070 is a good buy too.  In India now. Where I am. After 5700xt came out. Even 2080 sold for a 2070 price.  But yes. People don't know the problems these drivers have.  But. 1 thing I am happy. I knew early drivers will be a mess and after 6 months life will get easier. And I knew media is biased So after I saw rDNA leaks I decided to buy without checking reviews cause I knew what rDNA is capable off.   Also I'm happy for such s responsive community . Mods do see your post and get it sorted  even if they don't reply. But yes they notice everything 

0 Likes

Thats what im saying to my other rx 5700xt friends.  Its just so weird how reviewers and youtubers never mention or atleast had same issue as US. Just open the amd forum i can confirm there like 20 case of people reporting same issue and hundred people in 1 thread. But what I can tell you is this is not gpu issue. Because when I plug to my workplace Intel system, there are no issue. so obviously this is related to Ryzen 3000 and x570

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

i see this threads true purpose is to advertize RTX...

hahaha

0 Likes
ktersius
Adept I

I feel your pain. If you google 5700 XT BSOD you get dozens of pages with people describing the same problem. I have spent days trying to get my system stable and yesterday I took my whole pc to the shop I bought the components from and asked them to have a look. I did not have any other components to swap things out with so it makes it impossible to confirm software vs hardware issue and I suspect thousands of people are in the same boat.

The problem is it can be so many things. I've got a 3000 series CPU and X570 board and there are probably thousands of permutations if you look at all the things people have tried. Another thing that is disheartening is that we are being told do STOP using the GPU by disabling all the features and HW acceleration which to me seems kind of pointless to have it in the first place then.

Exactly, I made a similar post like yours a few days ago. Don't do this, don't do that, avoid doing this, avoid doing that. I'm curious, have you tried 19.9.2 drivers?

0 Likes

Currently using it.  Amd freesync is off. With enhanced sync too.  Hw acceleration is on in steam chrome discord. 0 problems since 48 hours

yimlao
Adept II

i open all enhanced sync freesync  Hw acceleration no problem 2day

pooyahsb
Journeyman III

Hello AMD, Unfortunately 19.9.2 couldn't help me as well for Sapphire 5700XT Reference model. After 2 month with tons of failure today I bought RTX 2080 GPU with a G-SYNC monitor and I'm very happy with that.

My rig spec is...

Mobo: Aorus X570-I

G-Skill 3600 Mhz 16 GB

PSU SFX 750 Corsair

AMD 3900X

Aorus NVME 1TB Gen 4

0 Likes