cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spartakus
Adept I

19.9.2 RX Vega 64 Black Screen BSOD - 141 Live Kernel Event

Hi, I have been having Black Screen and BSOD issues recently on 19.X.X.X drivers.

System specs

1950x

32GB ram clocked at 3200mhz

Zenith Extreme with latest 2001 drivers.

Samsung 960 Pro latest firmware.

PowerColor Vega 64 stock 19.9.2 drivers

Each time after playing starcraft 2 or any games using the GPU shortly after exiting the game the system starts to degrade and the system either freezes or I get a black screen.

AMD.jpg

AMD1.jpg

11 Replies
edmondvonersung
Adept III

Rollback drivers or get used to it.

0 Likes
luckygoku
Adept I

This is the exact same issue that I am also facing and many other AMD gpu users as well.

And I am going crazy here trying to find what hardware is at fault. Exact same errors 141 for me too.

Can AMD atleast acknowledge this as an issue in the driver ?

Or are our cards faulty ?

0 Likes

It's the driver, trust me i spent a lot of time on this, that happens on all my PCs i tried the card in, by that i concluded that my card was faulty and RMAed it, got a new one and the exact same problems still happens, your hardware is perfectly fine, the drivers are just garbage, i think even a virus would do less harm to my computer.

0 Likes

I've been so frustrated man , the issue is not replicable , there are no proper dump files generated as they get corrupted.

Did you also RMA the PSU to rule it out of the equation ?

Weird thing with this is , that this happens sometimes once a day and sometimes once in 2 weeks , its just so random.

Also , what was the last stable driver for you ?

0 Likes

Unfortunately it is not the PSU, the other PC i tried the card in also had a different PSU, keep in mind my main PC was also running on an UPS, while the other PC wasn't.

I guess the first Vega drivers (the ones after the desktop freezes though, so i think something like 17.8.2) should be fine.

Haven't bothered in doing that though, and i shouldn't have to, if i'm being honest, i'm already saving up for a green card, which is going to be very pricey considering the new cards prices, AND that i will have to replace all 3 of my Freesync 144hz monitors, with ALL the problems i had with AMD, i think it's finally time to go look somewhere else, there is no choice...

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Download OverdriveNTool software. Then run it and share a screenshot of this program. If you wish...

0 Likes

I'm running the card at stock , no overclocks applied. Why do you need the overdriventool's screenshots for ?

How else can we make it stable without looking at voltage values and clock speeds?

0 Likes

Roll back the driver to 18.12.3 and test again, I had all the same issues. After 19.0.0, every time I updated the driver I discovered a new issues, when they released Radeon Image Sharpening for Vega I updated it but was unplayable. Crashes every 30 - 15 minutes, sometimes maybe every 3 hours, or some times just after you entered the game.

0 Likes

Rx Vega 56 and Rx Vega 64 Sock OverdriveNTool values.png

These are RX Vega standard values. Apply these values with OverdriveNTool software. Also try 1175mV for P7 1200mV.

0 Likes
singul4r
Adept III

19.x.x driver versions are absolutely unstable, full of problems, and a headache for RX Vega users, is a mess. My card started to trigger BSOD, screen freeze, black screen with 100% fan issues. I really got frustrated and change all the settings trying everything even a new Windows 10 partition from scratch, OC/UV and more. I finally discovered that if you install back 18.12.3 all the issues dissapeared like magic. So THIS is an AMD Adrenalin driver problem (or maybe not, maybe they wanted us to leave Vega and go for the shiny 5700XT). I am a developer, I can tell you that any company would not tolerate that you fix problems for some products a break the others in the process, If I discover that AMD sold me a Vega, and when I feel good with it, they play dirty, to force me to buy a new one, I will go for RTX 2080 Super almost instantanelly

0 Likes