Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mainakcrixallis
Adept III

19.9.1 atikmdag.sys Bluescreen 5700XT on Youtube

87a0e487-917d-4424-a538-c776915edda3.jpg

If Anyone At AMD could forward this to The driver team . I would be very much happy as the fixes would save our lives literally ..

FRESH DDU INSTALL 19.9.1 ,  2 bluescreens with 2 different errors . like i posted today . GPU settings are pure stock . nothing is touched .   I am rolling back ti 19.7.5 sadly as new drivers are creating lot of issues from 2nd day of install 

anyway here is the event log 

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 06/09/2019 4:34:42 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Firestorm-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-06T11:04:42.731410800Z" />
<EventRecordID>25969</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Firestorm-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">80</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffa1099ed16064</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff806321cc87b</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x2</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Please Fix it .. Thankyou

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved in 19.9.2 driver which can be downloaded here

View solution in original post

51 Replies

Nah, I don't think so. I have created a thread that tackles with BSODs caused by their drivers post 19.7.5, but amdmatt considered it as a duplicate of this thread, implying that this thread is not specifically for INTERNET BROWSERS BSODs.

If I'm wrong, then sorry about that, but I'm not the one who locked this thread:  https://community.amd.com/message/2929631?commentID=2929631#comment-2929631

0 Likes

I'll pass the feedback regarding hardware acceleration and MS Teams onto engineering. 

0 Likes

Still Blue screening with 19.9.2, i went to the Powercolor website to download their version of drivers also and that bluescreened after 30secs logged in.

0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

I have tested 19.9.2, no issues so far. FINALLY!!!
0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

Ooops. Yeah, they have fixed the issue for browser videos. But they haven't fixed the issue with the Steam Client Web Helper using 100% GPU usage, which then will chain to another atikmdag.sys BSOD: video_tdr_failure. Come on, it's Steam UI, it's practically unreasonable for it to use 100% GPU usage.

For now, I'm going to try turning off GPU Acceleration in the Steam settings.

0 Likes

Glad i haven't been leaving steam open.

0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

Guys, from AMD, WT actual F! Your drivers are also acting up with MS Teams Meetings when HW is active! I was having business meetings with our foreign counterparts (I am working from home), and my PC crashes THRICE! We had to move the meeting to SKYPE instead because of ME! Oh yeah, this is so funny. Good thing my co-workers are understanding. Fix this!

0 Likes

MS Teams have HW acceleration by default and does not even have an option to turn it off. Just great. Steam can be fixed by turning off HW acceleration. By what I can observe, any software that uses HW acceleration will cause the system to become unstable, EXCEPT of course for the INTERNET BROWSERS that AMD has fixed with the 19.9.2 driver.

It's been a few months already, and the 5700 XT is currently AMD's flagship card but is plagued by these kinds of driver issues.

christoph
Adept I

I've noticed that the .sys files  specifically talking the atikmdag.sys and atikmpag.sys are not being written to the system32/drivers folder, could be this the issue?

0 Likes
spartakus
Adept I

Having black screen issues shortly after exiting Starcraft 2, GPU fan goes mad and screen and system locks up then black screen. I dont have the HW issues on Firefox however. 19.9.2 Vega 64, using Zenith Extreme MB 1950x with latest bios. I do have ram overlocked on my system but GPU is stock. Had these issues since version 19.5/7ish I think. AMD.jpg

0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

I have built a new system for my cousin with an RX 570 in it. The driver that I have installed was 19.9.2, guess what? The bluescreen also happens for the RX 570. Come on. Also, AMD have released a new driver, 19.9.3, which by the way, does not address this particular issue. How many months has it been since they've released 19.7.5? LOLs

0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

Bluescreens are now fixed, I hope. But the black screen issues are still persisting.

0 Likes