Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ischyro
Adept II

Re: 19.9.1 atikmdag.sys Bluescreen 5700XT on Youtube

Jump to solution

Guys, from AMD, WT actual F! Your drivers are also acting up with MS Teams Meetings when HW is active! I was having business meetings with our foreign counterparts (I am working from home), and my PC crashes THRICE! We had to move the meeting to SKYPE instead because of ME! Oh yeah, this is so funny. Good thing my co-workers are understanding. Fix this!

0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

Jump to solution

MS Teams have HW acceleration by default and does not even have an option to turn it off. Just great. Steam can be fixed by turning off HW acceleration. By what I can observe, any software that uses HW acceleration will cause the system to become unstable, EXCEPT of course for the INTERNET BROWSERS that AMD has fixed with the 19.9.2 driver.

It's been a few months already, and the 5700 XT is currently AMD's flagship card but is plagued by these kinds of driver issues.

ischyro
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have originally voted "Yes" for being helpful. Now, I have retracted my vote to "No" because, systems with 5700 XT cards can still become unstable even with this driver if an app other than internet browsers uses HW acceleration.

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

This thread is specifically about Bluescreening when watching youtube videos, and 19.9.2 fixed specifically that. Discord with HW acceleration still has this problem and is in the known issues section of the patch.

shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Glad i haven't been leaving steam open.

0 Likes
christoph
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've noticed that the .sys files  specifically talking the atikmdag.sys and atikmpag.sys are not being written to the system32/drivers folder, could be this the issue?

0 Likes
ischyro
Adept II

Jump to solution

Nah, I don't think so. I have created a thread that tackles with BSODs caused by their drivers post 19.7.5, but amdmatt considered it as a duplicate of this thread, implying that this thread is not specifically for INTERNET BROWSERS BSODs.

If I'm wrong, then sorry about that, but I'm not the one who locked this thread:  https://community.amd.com/message/2929631?commentID=2929631#comment-2929631

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I'll pass the feedback regarding hardware acceleration and MS Teams onto engineering. 

0 Likes
mannydado
Adept I

Jump to solution

Still Blue screening with 19.9.2, i went to the Powercolor website to download their version of drivers also and that bluescreened after 30secs logged in.

0 Likes
spartakus
Adept I

Jump to solution

Having black screen issues shortly after exiting Starcraft 2, GPU fan goes mad and screen and system locks up then black screen. I dont have the HW issues on Firefox however. 19.9.2 Vega 64, using Zenith Extreme MB 1950x with latest bios. I do have ram overlocked on my system but GPU is stock. Had these issues since version 19.5/7ish I think. AMD.jpg

0 Likes