Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mainakcrixallis
Adept III

19.9.1 atikmdag.sys Bluescreen 5700XT on Youtube

87a0e487-917d-4424-a538-c776915edda3.jpg

If Anyone At AMD could forward this to The driver team . I would be very much happy as the fixes would save our lives literally ..

FRESH DDU INSTALL 19.9.1 ,  2 bluescreens with 2 different errors . like i posted today . GPU settings are pure stock . nothing is touched .   I am rolling back ti 19.7.5 sadly as new drivers are creating lot of issues from 2nd day of install 

anyway here is the event log 

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 06/09/2019 4:34:42 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Firestorm-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-06T11:04:42.731410800Z" />
<EventRecordID>25969</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Firestorm-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">80</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffa1099ed16064</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff806321cc87b</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x2</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Please Fix it .. Thankyou

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved in 19.9.2 driver which can be downloaded here

View solution in original post

51 Replies
brumbassen
Adept I

Excactly the same issue I have! I've had BSOD with every driver since 19.7.5, but nothing when I'm rolling back to the older driver.
I also got 2 BSOD in a couple of hours on my laptop with driver 19.8.1. None of the BSOD was in gaming.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 2700X and Powercolor RX 5700XT Reference
Laptop: Acer Swift 3 with Ryzen 5 2500U and Radeon 540AMD BSOD.jpg

I think Ryan or anyone in engineering team needs to see this 

herve-ch
Adept I

Same with my laptop Acer Swift 3 with ryzen 2700U Vega 10 BSOD often happen with youtube since driver 19.8.1 , i was told to disable hardware acceleration on browser, i dont think it is normal to have to do this to avoid Blue screens, never had theses problems with other famous brand GPU before, i think next gpu for me wont be AMD sorry, so much problems with their drivers...

0 Likes

Next GPU won't be from amd cool.  You get better gpu from other team. In terms to driver. But in reality. Patience wins. And you are winning if you choose amd.  Why would you want to loose ?  . Just see how amd grows overtime. Nvidia dosent 

0 Likes

AMD grows overtime? you mean the driver? grow from broken to finally usable? LOL

Nvidia's driver didn't need to grow, as it ready to use since day 1 release.

0 Likes

actually . youtube runs better with disabled HW Accleration .. try  it yourself . sure cpu takes a hit . but you wont regret doing it .. if i can do it in my ancient i7 2600k . you can too  that apu is seemingly powerful than my cpu .

0 Likes

The thing is amd isnt my first gpu i had ati radeon back in the old days and there was also many drivers problems then i switched to nvidia for years then now i wanted to try amd back again and im a bit diisappointed about all those problems . AMD isnt new comer in gpu domain ... i still have hope tho their latest drivers seems stable didnt get bsod with hardware acceleration but i just updated yesterday... still have some random app freeze .. GO AMD !!

0 Likes
dwarrior74
Adept I

Yeah this is getting to be crap now. Never had to spend time like this on the green team's forums. Old 970 I had before this junk 5700 XT just worked.

I BSOD'd looking at FREAKING TWITTER. BSOD with every driver after 19.7.5!

Never buying a Radeon again. I posted a couple times and was nice/respectful about it all, but now I am just sick of it.

herve-ch
Adept I

i can confirm last driver 19.9.1 BSOD on youtube with hardware Acceleration IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL , comon AMD

0 Likes

yes . Disabling HW acc from STEAM DISCORD OVERWOLF CHROME   = 0 BSOD . 

brumbassen
Adept I

I just got another BSOD on my laptop with driver 19.8.2

*Laptop: Acer Swift 3 with Ryzen 5 2500U and Radeon 540

0 Likes

The BSOD was while browsing, but I wasn't using youtube or even using their site.

0 Likes

Browsing also involves hw acceleration. Since loading of flash objects. Java scripts in web pages.   I have used steam in game browser and got bsod.  After I turned off hw acc. Everything went away. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please disable hardware acceleration in your web browser until this issue is resolved in a future driver update. 

0 Likes

Yeah figured that out few days ago 

0 Likes

the problem arises precisely when overclocking the memory for some reason, although the memory in all tests is overclocked stably, changing drivers does not help to lower versions, it all started with the last driver update on the chipset, I have the same problems in games or when working with a PC, I remove the overclocking memory and that's it stable, pc 1800x asus c6h 3200 gskill 4x8 Vega 64 LC windows 1903 latest build

0 Likes

Don't overclock the memory would be my advice. From my experience using the 5700 XT anniversary edition, there gains from overclocking the memory are minimal and produce instability much above stock settings. 

Peoples expectations don't seem to end. They want more more more.  My regular XT hits 2gh on stock settings no problems. I just needed to undervolt and save power and temp. But people be like. The want more clock more more.  999999ghz

0 Likes

Actually they didn't expect that much, they just want to enjoying their time while gaming/working with their 5700 XT without being interrupted by BSODs, crashes, black screens etc. Is that too much to ask?

I need memory overclocking for my other PC tasks, it’s a little inconvenient to constantly reset and overclock memory for certain tasks, I would like the problem to be solved somehow

0 Likes

I'm experiencing the same problem on my laptop and I have no overclocks on that system.

0 Likes

Erm my hardware acceleration is off :/

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

Is anyone here getting black screens (not blue screen whea message) and involuntary random restarts?? I have a X470 board with 1700x and rx580 with 19.9.1 in windows 10 64 home 1903. Haven’t tried disabling hwa in edge yet but will do.

0 Likes

Today, the old version of agesa 1.0.0.6 bios asus c6h 6401 was installed, and the old chipset driver 18.40.02 from asus, the system is completely overclocked by a 1800x 4GHz processor, memory 3466MHz, video card vega 64lc, driver 19.9.1 and the system is completely stable and that's it works great, so the problem is in the chipset driver and the new agesa, I hope my experiments will not go in vain and it will fix it

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

have latest chipset installed. but bios...hell no...not until i'm in the mindset that it matters little if I brick it because it decided to crash in the middle of flash. maybe around yearly "bonus check" time or tax return season will I have the balls to risk it. 

0 Likes

I caught the blue screen again, although I did a rollback to the old versions, when the amd radeon setting is open, the driver often freezes, this is the driver problem, but everything is stable with me when the memory overclocking is turned off

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

Well I "grew some" and decided to flash my bios anyway. It's been an hour without a forced reboot. I've only been reading forum posts in the meantime (not watching youtube or playing Witcher3)...not that it would make much difference. People have been complaining a lot about the 5700's and Vega's being the cause of their black screens and reboots. I have a Rx580 and a couple of spare older amd gpu's as well as spare ram,  two other spare psu's, a spare ryzen cpu, and spare motherboard. I have tried swapping all those out over the past week (my back is still killing me btw) with the same resulting random force restarts/black screens. In fact, the ONLY thing that remained the same was the OS (win 10 64 home). I'm still not sure if I am really having the same issues as everyone else is posting (they keep mentioning bsod and system freezes), but I'd say it's probably something that Windows Update installs (chipset drivers maybe??).

0 Likes

I went further than you I even changed Windows to version 1803 without any changes the only salvation is to remove the memory overclocking from me, but the problem started just a month ago

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

you overclocked your gpu memory? I keep my crap at stock. usually, the only thing in wattman I change is the custom fan curve and power limit slider. but since my last crash (when radeon setting reverted to default) I haven't touched a thing. gonna see how THAT goes. I was at 1803 yesterday and I believe I had maybe one crash (can't keep up now). Event viewer will only give me an ID 41 (your pc shut down wrong buddy). 

These crashes started for me about a week ago. I hadn't changed a thing hardware-wise. but I believe I DID update the gpu driver and amd's chipset drivers.

0 Likes

I have vega 64 lc, it was initially in maximum overclocking in the new BIOS 8774, yesterday there was nothing to do and I started testing the drivers and memory again, when overclocking the memory I found such a problem, the power of the video card driver behaves unstable, and with a blue screen error and video card goes into protection and turns off from overheating the power supply now I know for sure that this is the driver problem, the video card with water cooling even the card cover is just boiling water, the problem is not the stability of the power supply circuits on my card, after which the card every 15-30 minutes It has a blue screen and goes into defense that memory overclocking does not give an increase I completely disagree from applications and games can stretch up to 30% of additional performance so I hope that this problem will be solved and as soon as possible, my monitor was burning from this problem which was done under warranty but this is not the case

0 Likes
mid
Adept I

I made the mistake to update from 19.7.5 to 19.9.1 yesterday and it was all working fine until today when I came back from work and wanted to play some games and to my surprise my computer BSOD while opening FireFox.

Error message displayed was " Kernel Mode Heap Corruption" 

My RT 5700RX is not overclocked.

When I upgraded the driver from 19.7.5 to 19.9.1 I did a clean install. Doing the following

1. Boot up PC in Safe mode 

2. Use DDU version 18.0.1.5 to do a clean driver uninstall

3. Reboot PC in Normal mode and  installed  driver version 19.9.1

here is the information of my system.
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Memory Size - 8176 MB
Memory Type - GDDR6
Core Clock - 1755 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit) 1903
CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
Graphics Card Manufacturer - Built by AMD
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Device ID - 731F
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 0B36
SubSystem Vendor ID - 1002
Revision ID - C1
Bus Type - PCI Express 4.0
Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16
BIOS Version - 017.001.000.042
BIOS Part Number - 113-D1820501-101
BIOS Date - 2019/06/16 22:38
Memory Size - 8176 MB
Memory Type - GDDR6
Memory Clock - 875 MHz
Core Clock - 1755 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 448 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 14.00 Gbps
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0001
OpenGL® API Version - 4.6
OpenCL™ API Version - 2.0
Horizontal Timing Total - 4000
Horizontal Timing Display - 3840
Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 48
Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 32
Vertical Timing Total - 2222
Vertical Timing Display - 2160
Vertical Timing Front Porch - 54
Vertical Timing Sync Width - 5
Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive
Vertical Timing Polarity - Negative
Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive
G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 533250
G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 59.9966
HDMI Link Status Monitoring - Disabled
Current Link Settings - 5.4 Gbps x 4

MOBO info:
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
BIOS: 5216

Memory Info:
32GB
Corsair 3200MHz

Monitor:
LG 27UD58-B 27" Ultra HD 4K

SSD:
1. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB- OS
2. Western Digital Black 1TB- Games/Program
3 Samsung SSD 850 Pro Pro 2TB backup

0 Likes
buzinho77
Journeyman III

Does it actually work when you force you pc to run you from pcie 3.0? Does anybody have tried this method?

0 Likes
forkwny
Adept III

I have the EXACT same issue, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile CPU w/Vega 8 graphics. Blue screens at random when surfing the web...I'm guessing that youtube and/or any video content triggers the BSoD. No BSoD ever in 19.7.5 or older drivers, 19.8.x and 19.9.x both have BSoD issues. Will try disabling HW acceleration in my web browsers under 19.9.1 to find out if that prevents BSoD.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes
heroxaxl
Journeyman III

Yep! having the same issue. Disable HW acc can solve this problem for me now. I've got 3 different codes btw 69796163_362863121283825_4997222692600938496_n.jpg69812829_685968131883324_3470551622067683328_n.jpg70866934_364244187817264_3631287783823245312_n.jpg

forkwny
Adept III

I've seen the kernel_security_check_failure code as well on a number of BSoD's. So far I haven't run into BSoD's with HW acceleration off on 19.9.1.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved in 19.9.2 driver which can be downloaded here

Unfortunately 19.9.2 did not resolve it for me.

0 Likes

I have originally voted "Yes" for being helpful. Now, I have retracted my vote to "No" because, systems with 5700 XT cards can still become unstable even with this driver if an app other than internet browsers uses HW acceleration.

0 Likes

This thread is specifically about Bluescreening when watching youtube videos, and 19.9.2 fixed specifically that. Discord with HW acceleration still has this problem and is in the known issues section of the patch.