cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

19.8.1 still wants to uninstall chipset drivers !

Hi, I just downloaded 19.8.1 , i use to unsintall properly last installed gpu drivers but now since i change my motherboard to x570 (had an intel cpu before) adrenalin wants to uninstall 19.10.16 instead of 19.7.5

what's the goal of this ?

and if i don't uninstall 19.7.5 or 19.10.16 and just click on "install 19.8.1" there are two buttons :

"install" and "fresh install", what's the difference ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
xlox
Forerunner

0 Likes
13 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

it's confirmed , i clicked on "fresh install" , now 19.8.1 are installed , but ryzen power plans disappeared !

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

Soooo...here's what you do....first off, the 19.10.16 x570 chipset drivers are not the latest--highly advise you install the latest set: X570 Drivers & Support | AMD The version is: 1.07.29.0115

Secondly, my rule of thumb is 1) Install new GPU drivers, then 2) reinstall the proper chipset drivers. Do this every time you install new GPU drivers.

Problem solv-ed, as Clouseau would say...;)

lol sure , as i see the chipset uninstalled driver I reinstall it, nothing unlogical

the thing is my post is about reporting the problem, as i don't know how to do it quickly to amd ...

it's not the first time i have to do that and i think it's really a big (relatively) waste of time

0 Likes

nice, i just tried to click on "launch problem report wizard" and adrenalin freezed lol

(adrenalin crash every time i use it after 5 minutes , if i don't touch it, it's ok .... that's since i changed cpu+motherboard, didn't have this problem before) ... will try "report issues online" when i have time to find the serial of the components

thanks for the screenshot

ok thanks, i posted the log file on the online service request as it was quick

0 Likes

i'm just trying to do that here for 2 hours ... trying to switch back to 19.7.5 as I have trouble with my gpu clock and vrm speed in game ...

so I uninstalled 19.8.1 , and of course it uninstalled chipset driver too ...

then I restalled 19.7.5 .. that's ok

but now trying to resintall chipset driver for 1 hour and it's just not working ... I tryed with the amd chipset drivers from asus web site , and with amd chipset drivers from amd web site , but no difference, as soon as i restart i check if ryzen power plan is there but , it is not , and if i check the peripheral manager , some drivers are missing related to amd psp driver

so it is not installed ...

i'm really tired as i just wanted to play 1 game 2 hours ago ... just spending my time trying to find fixes to get my hardware work as it should (there is allways a way it works finally but it's like when it works don't touch it anymore , don't try to update anything or you will lose a lot of time) ....pfff

0 Likes

in fact i'm beginning to think that the only drivers that were working for me is the ones with the adrenalin package , 19.10.x ... this 1.07.29.0115 just don't want to install or I'm missing something ...and i don't find 19.10.x anywhere anymore......

i sure don't have an exotic amd config : 3700x , asus x570-f strix , radeon VII ...

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

ok i finally achieve to install the drivers , found in log file that the directory where separate driver .msi files is :

C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Chipset_IODrivers\

so i launched each files separatly and it seems ok now , even if i'm not sure  i have really last version installed now ...

will surely have to do all that again in 1 or 2 weeks for 19.8.2 ...

0 Likes

ok i contacted amd custom care ... after a lot of checks logs sended etc ... nothing new , they said : contact microsoft ...

one thing i see now , when i reinstall graphic drivers, chipset drivers aren't suppressed anymore , surely because I installed them from C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Chipset_IODrivers\

so ... it's a mess but computer works ... do someone know a good tool to find the chipset drivers versions in order to know if mine are the last one ? (because except amd psp , i don't know where to find the other version numbers )

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

new chipset driver version, same problem

except there are a lot of files and had to search installation files in

C:\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\IODriver

now i have a lot of "things" to uninstall in a case of a new version to install , it's really a mess now ... will I have to reinstall windows just because of this and hope it won't happen again then ?

Do I have to search fixes myself as customer care says "it's not us it's microsoft" ? the fact is it's just some drivers and they are the only that I can't install (in a normal way) and AMD accuses microsoft ? I thing it's beginning to be a little strange

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

ok finally the answer is there :

https://community.amd.com/thread/242702 

0 Likes