cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlxmackxlx
Adept I

19.8.1 Atikmdag.sys bluescreen 5700 xt

I just installed the latest 5700 xt drivers 19.8.1 and when i restart i get a blue screen and code Atikmdag.sys and have had to go into safe mode and roll back the drivers i then downloaded the drivers and installed them manually thinking that the self down loader may be the problem but it didn't help any ideas   

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved in 19.9.2 driver which can be downloaded here

View solution in original post

216 Replies
forkwny
Adept III

Been testing 19.9.2 (AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile) with HW acceleration enabled in my browser for about 24 hrs now. So far so good...sites that would have typically triggered BSoD's (youtube, facebook, etc.) under 19.8.x and 19.9.1 have not done so.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes

Still Same Problem. Happens when starting up Anthem.

Went from BSOD to just freezing.

I DDU'd and clean install.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • ASUS RX 5700 XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Build 1903
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.9.2
  • Display Devices
    • LG-34WK500 
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • PRIME B450M-A
      vendor American Megatrends Inc.
      version 1814
      date 08/23/2019
      ROM size 16384 KB
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor   
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair RM 750
  • RAM
    • Gkill  64GB DDR4-2400
0 Likes

Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.9.2 bsod ?

0 Likes

P.S. for Freezing Issues, that can be a lot of things. My last freezing issue after going through every driver, OS, changing motherboard and power supply, was an older SSD wearing out and randomly freezing. At least on the hard drives they have better pre-failure notice and marking sectors bad.

0 Likes
rainfire
Adept I

I can confirm no BSOD on 19.9.2 Radeon Drivers in 2 days. This time it looks like they fixed BSOD.

dru
Adept II

Desktop (built 3 weeks ago)
Asus Strix 570-F MB .... bios 7010 circa July 2019 (there are 2 newer versions)
Windows 10 pro (up to date)
Asus 5700xt ... Graphics driver (as per Windows) 19.9.1
LG 32" monitor 2560x1440
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Samsung 860pro SSD
EVGA 750watt
Gkill 16GB DDR4-3200 (still at 2100MHz)
5 intake fans at 700rpm and 1 exhaust at 1000rpm)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I built this PC and installed Win10pro only to encounter 1 or 2 BSOD's a day with driver 19.9.1
Then...
Last weekend I decided to do a little experiment. I did the unthinkable...I did a clean reset of my PC...and I have NOT effed WITH ANYTHING for 7 days.
Result, no BSOD's and my games (Prey and Tomb Raider) play on 'high/ultra' at 1440 with no issues. (Windows still suffers errors in the background but thats just Windows being Windows).
I left my Bios on default settings...Ram is still at 2100mhz
Did NOT install the graphics card driver from AMD (Win10 gave me 19.9.1 WITHOUT Radeon Settings/Wattman/Armoury Crate/Ai Suite etc etc, so I couldn't tweak even if I wanted to.

Default Windows audio driver (not Asus' Realtek)

The GPU now idles at 36c (was idling at 50c) and while gaming (Prey and Tomb Raider) it maxes out at about 65c (was 85c +) 

I don't know what my frame rates are but my 2 games play perfectly smooth.
GPU fan idles at 1150rpm and during a game the fan reaches about 2200rpm (was 4200rpm/100%).
Soon (today?) I will make a System Image and then install 19.9.2 with Radeon Settings/Wattman/Armoury Crate/Ai Suite Realtek audio driver etc etc

...let's see what happens.

refragmental
Journeyman III

This sounds really good actually.

Might try this when i get home.

Currently with 19.9.2 is still get BSOD's and performance issues with videoplayback.

I also have a subpar experience with games.

Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 runs at around 18fps with settings on High, which doesn't feel right for a €430 card, it also gets extremely hot, at least the air i feel coming out of my case, because my wattman doesn't show me anything other than a blank page and some dials that do nothing.

0 Likes
forkwny
Adept III

No BSoD's since updating to 19.9.2 several days ago. HW Acceleration enabled in all web browsers. AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile. Hopefully near-future updates fix the issues that others are still experiencing.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes
yimlao
Adept II

19.9.2 No BSOD

0 Likes
slaigrin
Journeyman III

I have updated to 19.9.2 and I still get bluescreens. Its annoying. With every Vega card I got blackscreens and now with Navi I get bluescreens.

0 Likes

Decent upgrade tbh XD 

0 Likes
tiagoslb15
Adept I

I dont know if anyone is having this problem aswell but im getting black screens that poops up for 1/2 sec and then the image comes back. Its really annoying for me , im getting like 3/4 black screens per hour on average.

Anyone had this problem ?

System:

Ryzen 3700x

5700 XT Saphire reference model

X570 A-PRO MSI

3200mhz Nighthawk 16GB RAM

256 SSD boot drive and 2TB HDD

0 Likes

i have been having only that since i got the card. but it only happens 3-4 times a day

0 Likes

Well before i was getting BSODS and now with the new drivers this black screens started since the last driver. sometimes i get 2 or 3 in a row that last 1/2 secs. its really annoying

0 Likes

i havent gotten any bsod, crashes and all that, only the blackscreen for 1-2 sec since driver 19.7.1. mostly happens while gaming. but max 4-5 times a day

0 Likes

Hey, just wandering, did you fix the issue? I have the same problem

0 Likes

I havnt had a crash since I changed my ram kit out. Currently on 19.12.1 - but I will be updating soon.

0 Likes