cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlxmackxlx
Adept I

19.8.1 Atikmdag.sys bluescreen 5700 xt

I just installed the latest 5700 xt drivers 19.8.1 and when i restart i get a blue screen and code Atikmdag.sys and have had to go into safe mode and roll back the drivers i then downloaded the drivers and installed them manually thinking that the self down loader may be the problem but it didn't help any ideas   

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved in 19.9.2 driver which can be downloaded here

View solution in original post

216 Replies

Msi x570 a-pro 

0 Likes

Support, drivers and utilities for your board are here

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X570-A-PRO#down-driver

0 Likes

So do i just download and install or so i need to do something els? And do i need to Update my bios aswell? If yes, how do i do that?

0 Likes

Just go to YouTube and search ... Update your bios  ... there are several videos.

0 Likes

I have the latest bios for x570m pro4 but I still can’t play games. I think maybe the bios doesn’t matter since people with intel chipsets are reporting the same issue with rx5700xt

Same Problem. Happens when starting up Anthem.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • ASUS RX 5700 XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Build 1903
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.9.1
  • Display Devices
    • LG-34WK500 
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • PRIME B450M-A
      vendor American Megatrends Inc.
      version 1814
      date 08/23/2019
      ROM size 16384 KB
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor   
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair RM 750
  • RAM
    • Gkill  64GB DDR4-2400
0 Likes
kaliston
Journeyman III

Everyone, try this method.: Go into your BIOS/UEFI, under Advanced, AMD PBS, change PCIEx16 GEN4 to GEN3.

0 Likes

Don't work for everyone.
For me doesn't work.

0 Likes
abzexplij
Adept I

I was having BSOD's and game freezes, crashes etc. I once found a solution and replied under this topic (driver installed 19.7.3-4 and 5 [not above] with freesync, vsr gpu scale OFF). Now Im using my PC no errors with driver 19.9.1 but after update bios. This Bios update solved all issues for now, but as caution I use PC with freesync VSR gpu scale OFF.

Bios Update Details;

PRIME B450M-K BIOS 1814
1.Improve system performance.
2.Update AM4 Combo PI 1.0.0.3 Patch ABB
a.Fixes a compatibility issue with Destiny 2
b.Fixes an issue with certain Linux distros
c.Removes Gen 4 support when using Ryzen 3000 CPUs
3.Improves EZFlash performance to reduce boot time.

0 Likes
vegetagaru
Adept I

Still Having BSOD all day, i did DDU changed registry etc etc.

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) - Bios 2703

AMD 2700X

Sapphire 5700XT Blower - Driver: 19.9.1 - Using DP - 60Hz (75 fails)

0 Likes

When is the BSoD occurring? During gaming? During web browsing (have you disabled HW acceleration within your web browser)? After disabling HW acceleration in Firefox, Chrome, etc. I have not had a BSoD under 19.9.1. Adrenalin 19.7.5 and older don't seem to have the BSoD issues of 19.8.x and newer.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes

After DDU + PCI-E Gen 3 on bios i have 1 BSOD in 3 days when browsing facebook in firefox.
The best result i have until now (19.9.1) (HW Accel is ON)

0 Likes
vegetagaru
Adept I

both but more under gaming, sometimes even in iddle it happens, i have a lot of stuff with HW...

this issues r 2months old already, and im already missing my vega64

0 Likes
blindpanic
Adept III

I'm running pretty stable at this point, haven't had a crash in a couple of days.  For me the instabilities seemed to be a combination of hardware acceleration and general problems with the 19.8.1 driver on the 5700, as well as some memory/chipset issues on my x570.  Here's what I've done:

•  Flashed to 1.0.0.3 Patch ABB bios
  •  Kept bios 100% default besides enabling DOCP
  •  Ensured windows was 100% updated
  •  Installed latest chipset driver from AMD website (NOT ASUS - 1.8.19.0915)
  •  Clean installed GPU driver 19.9.1, haven't touched Radeon Settings and don't plan to
  •  Ensured windows power settings were on Ryzen Performance with all sleep/hibernation disabled

After doing this event viewer is a ton cleaner, I was getting a great deal of WHEA LOGGER warnings a slew of other things. 

From talking to a ton of new 5700/Zen 2 owners, I've learned the biggest difference between people who are having problems with new AMD hardware and those who aren't is driver and windows update install order.  People who are really careful with how they install/update drivers and software seem to be having the best experience.  Before any RMA I would try to start over with a fresh bios flash and 1903 install and carefully apply each piece of software/driver in the correct order.  Here is an install order recommend to me by a reddit user u/idontknowu1 for his x570/5700 build.

"So, I am pretty anal when it comes to these things so I can tell you exactly what I installed and what order. I installed the BIOS update first via thumbdrive using the UEFI updater, installed Windows 1903, ran Windows update and got all the patches and let it install Asus Crate when prompted so I could do Aura sync, reboot, installed the latest AMD chipset driver from AMD's site 1.8.19.0915, reboot, the latest Radeon drivers (19.8.1 at the time), reboot, and the LAN and Audio drivers from the Asus download site for the board, reboot. I installed the Razer Synapse 3.0 and Ryzen Master software last and then started gaming. The only thing I have messed with in Radeon settings is VSR turned on. My BIOS is stock except using DOCP."

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Im to afraid to Update my driver from -19.7.5 to 19.9.1, cuz im to stupid, to find out how to Update bios, chipset and all that, even tho i watch yt about it, im so afraid of messing something up, that i cant fix ‍♂

0 Likes
forkwny
Adept III

Anyone download and try out the new 19.9.2 drivers yet?

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

im about to play borderlands 3, so this sounds: Borderlands 3
Up to 16 % FPS improvement on the Radeon™ RX 5700 graphics card running Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.9.2 vs. 19.9.1 drivers.
But is it safe to download?

0 Likes
davidgabriel
Adept I

Nota ridícula só estou vendo problemas, problemas resolvidos nenhum... (NOTA DE PROBLEMAS) MUDA LA AMD

0 Likes

19.9.2, instalei aqui e sumiram todos stutterings do sistema.
E parece estar extremamente estavel.

0 Likes

What?

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

hi, it is the fault of refreshing the monitor and the software for it, uninstall the software from the monitor and leave only drivers for it, reduce the refresh rate, for example, 144hz to 120hz
0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Ok, so i have updated to 19.9.2 and played borderlands 3 for 4hours and watched yt and i havent had any problems yet

havent updated bios, chipset or used ddu, the only thing i have touched is fan speed, so it wont get so hot

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved in 19.9.2 driver which can be downloaded here

What issue are u talking about?

0 Likes

hahaha good deptec

0 Likes

I tried a clean install of driver 19.9.2 and it did not resolve my issue. I am still experiencing BSOD (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) when launching games (ArmA 3, PUBG).
I also tried installing the latest x570 chipset drivers from AMD and it didn't help.
What else can I do?

0 Likes

Have u tried updating u bios? And others drivers, like the sound driver for u mobo, i Saw in another post about the sound driver not going together with the gpu or something like that, that could mess things up

BIOS is latest but I will see if there is a newer audio driver. I got a BSOD during Windows update now.

0 Likes

I keep getting BSOD: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION now and I can’t do anything.

0 Likes

Thank you deptec, you were absolutely right.
I disabled driver verifier, DDU'd the GPU Driver, installed Realtek drivers from ASRock, did a clean install of Radeon driver 19.9.2 WITHOUT HDMI drivers. Now I can play again without instant BSOD.

0 Likes

You mean HDMI Audio drivers right?

Yes, I meant HDMI audio drivers.

0 Likes

Im glad it worked out, so u Can play again

0 Likes

so you can confirm no BSoD when playing PUBG on new 19.9.2 driver?

0 Likes

I can confirm that PUBG launches now, and I just played ArmA 3 for a few hours without issue. I'm thinking that the audio driver must have been my issue since the start.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

can you ensure that the new drivers are fully functional?
0 Likes
rainfire
Adept I

I installed 19.9.2. So far so good, but it's been less than 24 hours.It's looking good though, for the RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition When it rains it pours, AMD also gave me 1.0.03 ABBA AGESA BIOS. 4 out of 8 cores are hitting MAX BOOST on standard (non-OC) settings. Another plus. I believe this is the first signs of the initial release drivers becoming great! Thanks to AMD. I remember when I bought their first AMD FX-51 over 15 years ago when 64-bit was released to the masses. Wow - they've done it again. Subsequently bought the FX-53, FX-55 and FX-57 and ran all four of those domains during that time P.S. Shouts out to Gigabyte as well for holding everyone's hand during this release. They also gave me a new version of RGB fusion which fixed an issue. The sky is the limit! RAINFIRE

0 Likes

Where do u get that amd bios?

0 Likes

for me . . . Gigabyte.com

0 Likes