cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pontibang
Journeyman III

19.5.1 version broke my res

I installed the new version of amd drivers, and when i did my screen changed to 640x360 and i cant change it back. And i cant use my secondary screen either. But when i changed back to 19.4.3 version, everything works fine. is this a known problem or?

0 Likes
5 Replies

I have not seen other reports of this but that doesn't mean it can't be more widespread than just you. It may be worth running DDU and doing a clean install and try installing the new driver again. If not then report the issue to AMD so they can know it is an issue. If they don't get enough complaints through proper channels they don't know they have an issue. Here is the link to talk to them:  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes

Hey, you're not alone!

I recently came across this issue on my laptop (Huawei Matebook D 14 AMD w/ R5 2500U) with a new USB C display. It's very similar to what you reported - it worked fine on all driver versions 19.4.3 and older, didn't work at all on 19.5.1 up to 19.6.3, and in 19.7.1 and up it works but only at a reduced (non-native) resolution. I've been able to get around it by using a program called Custom Resolution Utility to override the Registry settings for EDID in 19.7.1 and up (since that's the problem, at least for anything newer than 19.6.3 - the EDID, which gets read just fine in 19.4.3 and older, isn't being read properly anymore). As of 19.7.5, the same issue still exists.

There are at least two users in this Reddit thread with the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/c8ga5l/not_tech_support_radeon_software_has_broken_my/

And another couple of people here with the same problem: https://community.amd.com/thread/241031

0 Likes

He never replied back with a fix. Maybe he will see you responded to his thread and offer some help if hey figured out a solution.

0 Likes

Thanks for the response. If we have the same problem - and it really looks like we do - then installing the latest GPU drivers and using CRU to override the registry's EDID info is a decent workaround. But I'm dead certain now that it's a driver issue that was introduced sometime in May; the problem is getting enough attention and data to convince AMD to take a look at it. I've submitted a tech support request and a couple of bug reports so far. 

Awesome feedback, thanks! Glad you reported your findings to AMD, that is what needs to happen.

0 Likes