cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

19.12.3 causing Windows Desktop Manager to crash

So I'm on Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1 and I had no problems with my new video card - a Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT - when I was using the 19.12.1 drivers. However, upon upgrading to 19.12.2, Windows Desktop Manager began crashing whenever I started a game - whether that game was a Steam game or a Blizzard game. Upgrading again to 19.12.3 did not solve the problem. 

I should note that my OS has every critical and important patch applied and most of the optional ones except for anything to do with Remote Desktop. I don't use any anti-virus, but I do use an up-to-date premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Windows Firewall is always on and my games and Steam and anything related to playing games that need to connect to the WWW have already been whitelisted. 

I have not added any new programs and the only things running when Windows starts are Sound Blaster Omni Control Panel, Malwarebytes and Radeon Software.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, its the driver, its unstable, typical from AMD, they don't test the driver before release.

0 Likes