cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lilo33
Adept II

Re: 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 black screen issue when starting game ( turning off enhanced sync did not help)

Jump to solution

Ananyone has any luck regarding this?

0 Likes
lilo33
Adept II

Re: 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 black screen issue when starting game ( turning off enhanced sync did not help)

Jump to solution

No one?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Problem is associated with GPU Scaling. My Vega 56 displays a dark grey screen upon resuming from standby unless GPU scaling is disabled. AMD QA is garbage. Nobody tested for BSOD's with 9.x either. Don't even bother with multi-monitor, as that has been broken since Windows 7, and you'd better use MadVR if you don't want to see pixels when playing video.

0 Likes
di3sirae
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hello everyone.

Played all day with 19.12.3 without any issue that i was having before (screen flicker, black screen, minimize to desktop and game not opening again, video driver failure).

After many tests, i disabled Freesync from my MONITOR and everything is working as intended, if not better than before.
Therefore, Freesync is now DISABLED from both monitor and Radeon software.
GPU scaling is DISABLED (didn't test again, but it was not scaling game to fullscreen so i just disabled it).

I played League of Legends without issues (was giving video driver failure).
Elder Scrolls Online with Anti-Lag runs like magic.
Conan Exiles on Fullscreen with Chill and Enhanced Sync without any problems.

So, Anti-Lag, Chill and Enhanced Sync are actually working here. Radeon Image Sharpening too, interesting feature.

Specs:
R9 Fury X

i7 4790

16gb ram

win10

SAMSUNG U28E590 (display port)

neonwing
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello, R9 380(4gb) here, disabling Freesync from the monitor itself solves the issue and everything works. Thanks a lot of that! Most games that are DX9 were crashing really hard, Source Engine games like Tf2 and L4D2.

0 Likes
di3sirae
Adept I

Jump to solution

At first i was trying to disable Freesync ONLY from the software... things seemed to work but ended up crashing the same way. Disabling from the monitor really seens to fix everything for now.
OpenGL, dx10, dx9, everything appears to be working fine.
I can also play Warlords Battlecry III.

So i think it's just Freesync on monitor disabled until they fix it
Glad the fix worked for you too, i think 2020 driver really improved over 2019.

Happy new year!

0 Likes
lilo33
Adept II

Jump to solution

My monitor doesn't have freesync but game still crashes...i iried everything... turning off enhanced sync... Both 5700xt and r9-290x showing same black screen problems.

0 Likes
lilo33
Adept II

Jump to solution

I also reverted back to 19.12.1...fixed everything..ray_m

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

You might want to pass this info on to AMD > https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
di3sirae
Adept I

Jump to solution

Stay on 19.12.1 then for now, the only thing that fixed it for me was Freesync. You could try disabling other programs that run all the time, performance monitors, antivirus, etc., to see if they have any effect on games, but to be safer stay on the old driver. Also always uninstall old driver before installing another one.

0 Likes