cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

emeralda
Journeyman III

Re: 19.12.2 to 20.1.1 black screen issue when starting game ( turning off enhanced sync did not help)

Jump to solution

Thanks

From,

William Yeo

0 Likes
lilo33
Adept II

Re: 19.12.2 to 20.1.1 black screen issue when starting game ( turning off enhanced sync did not help)

Jump to solution

Thanks. This really helped

0 Likes
harest
Adept II

Jump to solution

I had this issue too with the latest driver (20.2.1) in Monster Hunter World and in Distance. If we're talking about the same issue, aka black screen in the way that the driver crashed and displays are not responding anymore. For instance my second monitor wasn't black but while i could move my mouse cursor hovering/clicking wouldn't display anything.

Instead of doing once more a hard reboot, i turned off the freesync of my main monitor and everything came back.

Since then i tried the solution someone offered me in this thread:RX 5700 XT - Massive fps drop with in-game steam notifications (friend messages).

The solution was to set startup type as disabled for "AMD External Events Utility" in the services (win+r -> services.msc). It supposedly makes FreeSync only work in fullscreen. So i now play most games in fullscreen instead of borderless.

Tried several times since to start MHW and Distance and it always worked, no more driver crash or something on launch with a black screen.

colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

The Users are the QA.

0 Likes
vigor021
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's the issue i had.

I have 3 displays, when starting a game all of them start to flicker and then i could only open task menager and shut down the game there. After that only my main display was working. The two on the side went black and i had to restart the pc for them to work again. Some times i had to adjust them in projecting options if i recall correct. Never tried to turn off freesync.

0 Likes
edmondvonersung
Adept III

Jump to solution

Nothing official, misinformation, the quote you provided was already given to Hardware Unboxing.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Whoop ti doo

"AMD is aware of user complaints regarding black screen driver crashes on Radeon GPUs and general instability and is investigating these concerns. That’s the word from company representatives, after ET reached out to discuss the situation."

0 Likes
edmondvonersung
Adept III

Jump to solution

We know about this already, nothing new...

0 Likes