cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

timk
Adept II

19.12.2 "Custom color" setting Bug

I might have found a bug in the new AMD driver 19.12.2 regarding the setting called "Custom color".  When the setting is "off", it equals to overwriting color temperatur to 6500k.

This must be a bug, because setting "Custom color" to "on" and turning off "color temperatur control" will equal to "auto" (non-custom color temperatur) setting. I think they made a mistake there.

Setting "custom color" to off should set "color temperature control" to off as well.

0 Likes
18 Replies
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: 19.12.2 "Custom color" setting Bug

use the panel settings and leave the driver out of it

0 Likes
timk
Adept II

The driver by default uses custom color temperatur setting. Thats the bug I reported, not sure if you understood the op.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

6500 is the norm/standard colour temp., so it's not 'overwriting', or a custom setting by default. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
kingfish
MVP

I'm not 100% sure but I always thought the default setting is to allow the monitor settings to be used.....not AMD graphics. If you want to override what your monitor is set for...then do it manually.

0 Likes
timk
Adept II

Switching color temperature control in the driver to off is when the work is left to the monitor. But in the new driver you can only deactivate the manual color temperature control when ACTIVATING custom color setting first, and then deselect color temp. So eventhough "Custom color" is turned off, the 6500k manual setting is active. Either that, or all the drivers prior to this handled the auto vs manual color temp incorrectly.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Is this related to your older thread (TV) ?, The right Color Temperature Setting in Driver: Automatic or 6500k?

My older and newer pc monitors have no discernable change, unless I move the slider if I enable it..

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

And forgot, are you now on 19.12.3 (12.2 was buggy as).

0 Likes
cronus
Staff
Staff

I've put a longer explanation in that other thread.
In short, no, it's not a bug. Color Temperature enabled + temp=6500 is the same behaviour as Custom Color = off, that's why it's default when Custom Color = on.

0 Likes
timk
Adept II

ColorTempAmd.png

It is clear that you guys didn't understand the issue here. The "disabled" setting on the left equals the "manual" setting on the right, which is Adrenalin2019. So the color representation I get on manual 6500k with the old driver, I get when setting the new driver to off. 

On the other hand, setting Adrenalin2019 to "auto", equals setting the new driver to "ON" and color temp to off. 

So again, either the pre Adrenalin 2020 drivers handled the color temp wrong, or the new driver does.

Edit: the prefered setting is to let the monitor handle color temp and leave the driver out of it. Which should be the "auto" or "off" setting

0 Likes