cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

omnistriker2
Journeyman III

19.12.2 is a bad driver for my 5700xt

Call of Duty Modern Warfare crashes every time I try to run it. The game ran fine on 19.12.1.  Dev errors and fatal errors occur right after shaders are installed from the game or when loading a match.  Running in safe mode keeps it from crashing but when I turn the resolution from its default to 1440p it crashes with a black screen , audio still going and I cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it.  I have to upscale because I use a 1080p native monitor and want the simulated 1440p experience.   Even Warframe was dropping frames. I used to stay at 144 fps with 19.12.1 , but  it drops to 100 whenever there is action on the screen with the newest driver. 

It seems super resolution is broken , or GPU scaling is broken, or both.  I tried doing clean installs , using DDU and the AMD  clean utility but it did not fix it. I tried turning freesync off, and enhanced sync off. It did not fix it. 

I am back on 19.12.1 and running stable.   These new features on the 2020 adrenalin edition are not worth the hassle. I would hope that AMD gets more QA personnel to test these drivers before they release them.  

System Specs :

Ryzen 2700 stock

16gb CAS16 3000mhz RAM

Sapphire Pulse 5700xt

Boot drive on SSD

1080p 144hz monitor upscaled to 1440p. 

17 Replies